Buttons for new web site?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by dmw913, Feb 25, 2005.

1. dmw913

dmw913

I am new to TLC and enjoying it very much. I appreciate it's ease of use for those of us who are artistically and computer graphically challenged!

I am wondering if TLC would allow me to create some snappy buttons for my budding website?

Any help or a link would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Denise

2. gzusnme

gzusnme

It sure will, all you have to do is create your button and export it as a trans gif (use whatever color your website page will be as your bakground color when designing in TLC) Then you'll be able to place it on your webpage! Have a BLAST!!!

3. dmw913

dmw913

I'm sorry to be dense, but how do you make a little square button out of the pre-formed graphics found in TLC?

PS: Thanks for the hint on trans GIF's I read the post and figured that part out. Did my logo on www.saltcityrunning.com like that! OMG, I think I'm learning . . . . !

4. gzusnme

gzusnme

If you're just wanting a square... Go to modify, insert TEXT element, then change the "new" text to the letter S. Then go to format and choose the shapes font... there's your square!, then you can change the size, color, etc. also by using the options listed.

5. dmw913

dmw913

Thanks!

Got it done. I appreciate the help. Have a good night.