1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Button Background color

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by rorys, Apr 27, 2007.

1. rorys

rorys

How can you change the button background color? Meaning, once you export the button as an swf file, and say your web page backgound is blue, the button will have a white background around it, when put on the web page. How can you cahnge the color, or is it possible to? Any help would be appreciated, thank you

2. garymgordon

garymgordon

Follow up?? I need to know this as well.

Can someone tell me how to modify the background color of a button (in The Button Creator) so I can blend it into the various colors on my websites?

Thanks,
    Gary

3. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sorry Gary but the colour of the buttons is set and I don't know of an easy way to alter it short of editing the file in a Flash creation package. WGC is aimed at users with little or no knowledge of Flash, enabling them to make professional looking animated buttons without having to learn how to create them in Flash..

4. mikefulton

mikefulton

It's a Bug... no doubt.

Meh... this is the exact issue that I was hoping to learn about.

This really is a bug... the program should use a TRANSPARENT CANVAS so that it makes no difference what background color or graphic will be used. Using a fixed white canvas is guaranteed failure.

Fixing this should take no more time than it takes to open the source code editor, load the right file, and change one line of code.

5. mikefulton

mikefulton

Here's a fix...

I just remembered that the canvas color (or transparency) is something you can set via the parameters in your HTML code. In your HTML, locate the JAVASCRIPT code that calls the AC_FL_RunContent() function for your button. The start of it should look like this:

AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase',

Change this to:

AC_FL_RunContent('wmode', 'transparent', 'codebase',

Other than inserting the new portion at the beginning, leave the rest of the function parameters alone.

If you have multiple Flash-based buttons from WEB BUTTON CREATOR on the same page, you'll have to do the above fix again for each place the AC_FL_RunContent() function is called.

6. mikefulton

mikefulton

The AC_FL_RunContent() function is a chunk of Javascript that detects what browser is being used and constructs the best way to insert your Flash movie into the surrounding HTML code. It's added to your code when you output a movie from Flash, or when you insert a Flash movie into your page using Dreamweaver.

For the rest of the world who are manually inserting "<object>" or "<embed>" tags into their HTML, do this instead:

For the <object> tag, you'll see a number of <param> tags that set the movie parameters. Just add this:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

For the <embed> tag, add this to the tag:

wmode="transparent"