Business Cards created using TLC

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Ultimate, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Ultimate

Ultimate

These are some of the Business Cards we have printed for our clients that TLC was used in some way to create the card.

And a web banner that was created for a website.

2. blackknight

blackknight

nice work

I really like those cards. I haven't tried doing these. Is there any special setup for doing cards as for where the image is going to look on the card, ie... registration marks, alignment, etc..

3. Ultimate

Ultimate

Setting up a Full Bleed Business Card

The logo creator specs for a 300 dpi business card would be 1050x640. The card needs to be set up 2.125"x 3.625". A standard business card is 2x3.5 but because a full color card can have a full bleed you need the extra size to be able to cut the card down to the 2x3.5 size to achieve the full bleed on all sides.

When setting up the card you need to set the information and graphics on the card as if it was 2x3.5 because that is what the final size will be after the card is trimmed down. So all of your type needs to be spaced accordingly so there is enough border around the edge. The background needs to be set at 2.125x3.625 this allowing for the trim for the full bleed effect.

Note: For a full color card that either has a white border or background then you need to just set the card up at a 2x3.5.

If anyone needs I have a template set up in a JPG that I can email you so you can use as a guide line. The template is too large to post on the boards but if you leave me a pm I will be happy to email it off to you.

If your monitor will not let you produce a 1050x640 image in logo creator then what you need to do is produce a 1028x630 image. The image can be adjusted for printing. The one thing you need to keep in mind is you still need the same area so you must use your eye to make sure that you have enough room around the edges for the cut for a full bleed card.

4. Ultimate

Ultimate

1088 x 638 is the exact specs for a 3.625x2.125 Business Card with a Full Bleed at 300dpi

1050x600 is the exact specs for a 3.5x2 Business Card at 300 dpi

the 1050x640 size that I gave above is a size that we are able to use for printing a full bleed card.

We can also print a full bleed card from a smaller size image if you are not able to get a 1050 image or a 1088 image from Logo Creator because of your settings.

If you need help with that feel free to ask and i can assist in resizing the card for you to have printed.