Building Logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by bj00uk, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bj00uk

bj00uk

hi, i try to load a logo i moved from my laptop to my pc, all the other logos work but 2 of them, dont it gets stuck on Building Logo, i read the forums and updated to 5.1 from 5.0 but still the same problem i really need help as the client i made it from arrives in two days from holiday and if i do not make it i fail to get my job as a designer for his company making me job less once again i really need to get this job:image09::image09:

2. KD-did

KD-did

I have found often a cold reboot is in order after getting an software update. Also you can try changing the name as for some users the problem occurred if there was a space after some created text. This space (when the logo was saved as a .tlc file) would prevent the 'building logo' image from disappearing.

You also might try sending yourself an email from the laptop with the .tlc file attached and picking it up with your PC.

3. bj00uk

bj00uk

cant email file from laptop as laptop died,
    explain cold reboot please
    my logo does not even load up so the main thing is it needs to load up just white background, and change the name of the file or the logo text itself can change logo as it doesnt load lol,

4. KD-did

KD-did

Cold reboot is turning the power off and turning the computer back on...where the power is not turned off for a "warm reboot".

By right clicking on the .tlc file you should be able to rename the file.

What version of TLC were you using on the laptop and what version are you using on the PC?

5. bj00uk

bj00uk

the laptop montor died, plugged it in to my lcd display a few to get it working copied it over again and it worked, but then i changed on the laptop as i had to transfer so other files and decided while it was coping to make the change on the laptop, but after copying over the logo with the cnahges it wouldnt work again

v.5.0 on laptop, v5.0 on pc but now updated it to v5.1

6. KD-did

KD-did

Did you set up the file association?

7. bj00uk

bj00uk

what did you mean by that, what is file association, sorry feeling abit dumb last couple of weeks lol

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sorry about the delay in replying, I missed this thread. File Association is the process of 'telling' the operating system that a file with a certain extension (.tlc) should be opened by Logo Creator see the screenshot below

Attached Files:

• tlc.jpg
      tlc.jpg
      File size:
      19 KB
      Views:
  9. bj00uk

bj00uk

done that but still doesnt load, hmm strange yh:image10-1:

10. Doc

Doc Staff Member

How about posting the .tlc file here or if you do not want it to be on public display email it to doc@r3w.co.uk and I will see if it loads for me.

11. bj00uk

bj00uk

:image28:Hi, thanks i would but i deleted and recreated as my client needed it urgently and i could waste any more time, i just load used a jpg i saved and recreted it with the changes i needed,
    thanks so much everybody