bryan2easy

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by bryan2easy, Jan 24, 2013.

1. bryan2easy

bryan2easy

Hello, My name is Bryan. I live in northern California about 20 miles east of Oakland.
    I've been a Laughingbird Software user since February 2009. I started with Version 5.0, upgraded to V5.2, and now have upgraded to V6.0. I've purchased multiple editions beginning with the Alphabet, Corporate and Web 2.0. Since upgrading to V6.0, I've purchased the Facebook, 3D Characters, and Photo Objects Edition.
    This is why I've joined the Forum as I'm totally frustrated! I hope someone can help me.

All 3 new editions successfully downloaded and register as successfully installed. Unfortunately, when I click on "Select a Template" only the Facebook Edition appears. I cannot access 3D Characters or Photo Objects Edition.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled them with the same results.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any suggested solutions will be appreciated!

With gratitude and respect, Bryan from CA

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Your logo templates and element libraries must be in the location depicted below (the exact same location depicted below), if they aren't, you will still be able to open up TLC but the program will think you don't have any templates or elements to work with: C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents

Of course on your computer "Glenn" would be whatever your name is.

TLC only looks in the "Laughingbird Documents" folder for the templates and element libraries- the program does not have the ability to look anywhere else- that's why the location of the element and template libraries is so critical!
    [​IMG]

BELOW IS WHAT IS INSIDE THE LOGO ELEMENTS FOLDER! The elements (like the 3d characters) will appear here as a folder with those gears on the folder.... This is mine, yours may have some slightly directory.JPG different folders in it.....

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The yellow folders you see in the above picture are either stuff from version 5.2 I've imported into version 6.0, or they are custom made libraries of stuff I use in 6.0.... You probably will just have the folders with the gears on em....

4. bryan2easy

bryan2easy

Glenn,
    Thank you so much for the quick response last night. I've spent every available moment since then exploring what you said. For the most part, I think I had everything in the right folders. To make double sure, I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled making sure everything went into the Laughingbird Documents Folder. (I make it a habit to use every "default" folder when downloading, because I'm not as literate with computers as I'd like to be and need to be.)
    I think I may have moved a couple of files in trying to solve my problem earlier before attempting to use this forum.
    After working with your suggestions, I got my "house" in order with the files in the proper place. I still was having difficulty and then by shear luck, I happen to see on the forum home page a "general support" link and next to it was the heading "Installing 3D Character Set" by Dave Woodson, on 11/28/12.
    After reading his issue and the response, I had an "Aha! Moment". More than likely, the 3D Characters and the Photo Objects were both operational all along. I kept looking for them in the Templates dropdown menu. I realized then that the 3D Characters were in the Elements dropout window. While the Photo Objects is still out with the jury, I can use the file dropdown in the top lefthand corner and clcick on "insert an image" to find some pics from the Photo Objects file.
    Needless to say, after a week of frustration, starting with you and ending with Dave Woodson & the forum assistance he received, I'm now able to function sufficiently. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
    I still think a lot of my frustration would've been avoided if Marc would've replied to any of my 6 requests over the past 7 days and explained the templates vs. elements concept.
    I commend and applaud everyone in this forum sharing your knowledge and providing solutions to those of us frustrated by our own ignorance and not enough time to learn all that needs to be learned before getting started. You, and every contributor to the solutions, are impacting the lives of many.
    Thanks again! Bryan

gcuneo2 likes this.
  5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Bryan.
    Thanks for posting this.

I'm very sorry for not getting to you in a timely manner.
    I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest with you.

I've got a ton of eMail, this forum, Facebook and all of the comments being peppered all over the site. In the meantime, I'm working on updating all of the software, and creating new products that will sustain over the long term

(like the Animated Logo Creator - the Cartoon Mascot Creator - Animated Page Header Creator and the new Business Card Creator -- Plus two new iphone apps!)

It's a lot to put onto my plate, but they're all almost done and once they launch, I can focus again.

So, I know - no excuses for lack of support -- I'm trying.
    Glenn and KD are invaluable.

Glad you're back up and running Bryan!

Marc