Brainstorming!

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Ravenkeep, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

First I wanted to recommend a very useful book called IDEA INDEX by Jim Krause. I had it once before but had to lost it when we moved. Today, I went to Barns & Noble (spelling?) and bought it again. Logo designers would find this to be very useful. I already got several idea just looking over some of the ideas in the book.

If you are really lousy at picking good colors, which I am, you might find these color websites to be very useful.

9rules logo color, Daily Color Scheme - Your every-day color resource, we bring you daily-fresh colorschemes

Welcome to Color Matters

[ws] Color Scheme Generator 2

ColorMixers: Remixing RGB since 2003

I have not had time to try out those websites yet. So, they might not all be what you are looking for. However, there is got to be a least one really useful one in that pile somewhere.

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Very very nice post Ravenkeep! I use color Scheme Generator a lot.

thanks!

3. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

I plan on giving it a try. I have such a hard time working with color. I had those websites bookmarked and forgot all about them, then today it dawned on me I had resources available to use.

The book is great to, especially for beginners who are not accustomed to brainstorming ideas. In fact you might find all of Jim Krause's books to be of great use.

4. alphatiny

alphatiny

Thank you for sharing this...very helpfull!