Boxes

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by chliol, Apr 19, 2005.

1. chliol

chliol

Get RID OF THE MULTIPLE boxes - it is sooooo annoying.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Chliol,

Thanks for the input.
    It's been suggested before, and I've considered it.

The only thing holding me back is are those using an 800x600 screen size. If I create a 'one panel' application, you won't be able to see much if you're screen size is 800x600.

The way TLC is now, you can move the windows around to your liking!

- Marc

3. denhom

denhom

Marc, if 'they' have a screen size of 800x600, perhaps 'they' need to get up to speed. I cannot comprehend working at that resolution; everything would be so big and clunky.

Consider this: how many is 'they' and are you penalizing the majority for the benefit of a few?

4. Gravy

Gravy

my screen reso is 1024x768. I don't necessarily want to get rid of the boxes but I would like to see a docking feature to bring them all together. Mainly because I often open a browser to search for images I can use or if I have one of my picture folders open when I go back to TLC I have to either close my open window or click each TLC window back open on the taskbar to have them all on top again. Hmm...a similar feature would be to add an always on top button possibly? Or is there a way to make all 3 boxes come back to the front at the same time if you have another window open on your desktop.

My eyes are'nt what they used to be so I can't go much higher reso than what I am using or I wont be able to read the text on certain things.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Denhom.
    Yes, I had a problem with this as well. Unfortunatly, the majority of PC users out there use an 800x600 resolution. The graphics folks use a much higher rez of course, but for those who get their computer from any store mostly LEAVE it at the default resolution, which is 800x600.

Current statistics from StatMarket.com

640x480: 7%
    800x600: 53%
    1024x768: 31%
    1152x864: 2.5%
    1280x1024: 2.5%
    other: 4%

I have to work with the majority!

However, you can always resize your logo Canvas (which is the meat of the program anyway) as big as you wish. Just click and drag the lower right corner and scale it.

Gravy: interesting that you still get 3 Task Bar menu items using TLC. I thought that was fixed! Do you notice this same thing happening in version 4.0?! (** note: Gravy is a beta tester for v4. Version 4.0 isn't yet out!)

Version 4.0 should only have 1 task bar item when you launch The Logo Creator. v3.6.1 should also be one task bar item.

Let me know if I'm wrong as I'll need to correct this!

- Marc

6. Gravy

Gravy

Whoopsie, I still use V3.6.1 a good bit and forgot that it will be taken care of in the official release of V4.0 sorry for the confusion.

Sorry I forced you into letting the cat out of the bag Marc.

7. inhighghear

inhighghear

Another reason to leave the resolution is because the population using technology is aging and may need the lower resolution as a matter of course

inhighgear