Box of color in first letter of text

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Lisa Keeter, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

I started using the Logo Creator yesterday and when I used the existing typefaces and printed them out, everything was fine. However, when I typed in my own text, there was a tiny box of 4 colors behind the first letter of the first word. It happened every time. The type was in black on a white background. It was very aggravating. I ended up having to export half of the design to another program so I could finish putting the rest of the text underneath the design. Any idea what is causing that?

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Lisa, check to see if the font you were using was in the main font folder.

You can do your text in another application and import on to the canvas.

3. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

The font I used was Impact Regular and I went to the main font folder in the control panel and it was there. What good is the software if I can't create text and manipulate it within the software without errors? Doing the text in another application and importing it into Logo Creator kind of defeats the purpose. I just created another logo and it did the very same thing. I even printed it on another printer to make sure it wasn't a printer problem. I like the software, but if it keeps giving me errors, I'm not going to be happy and I'm going to request a refund.

4. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

I tried one more time just using embedded fonts versus system fonts. Instead of two tiny color boxes on my print out, I now have THREE. Two green and one red. So it doesn't look like it matters if I use embedded or system fonts. The graphics don't have these marks if I just print out graphic images. Even imported graphic images. But I can't do anything with typefaces.

5. KD-did

KD-did

Your experience is unique....it has never been a subject of conversation here in the forum. What format are you?

6. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

As in PC or Mac? I am using a Windows 7 PC.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Wild idea 34.5....

Any chance you have "Secunia PSI" installed on your system? In other forums people have had the same result with pictures, and it's the Secunia PSI antivirus software telling you it's a "safe file"..

8. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

I used Microsoft Security Essentials. Did a search for that other term and nothing came up.

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

10. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

I think I solved the problem. I was printing my proofs directly from the working copy not from the exported version. When I exported the file to a PNG or JPEG the color boxes disappeared. I still don't know why they show up when I'm working from the initial version and why I can't print from the proof, but at least I've figured out how to get rid of them. My Adobe Air is up to date. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I found out why the green boxes were showing up: It's got sumptin' to do with a flux capacitor....

12. Lisa Keeter

Lisa Keeter

You're probably right. Get the Delorean :)