Bought People Pak - it won't install. Plus TLC breaks

Discussion in 'General Support' started by BrettOnTheNet, May 8, 2013.

1. BrettOnTheNet

BrettOnTheNet

Hi there

I only just purchased TLC. But I cannot install the People Pak that I bought with it. I emailed Marc about this and he responded really quickly with a question about what system I was using (Windows 7), but since then I have not heard anything. I don't want to seek a refund for this product yet, because it looks solid. I'd rather get these technical issues sorted.

But I need help, and Marc has not replied. Please help me with this.

There is also an issue with TLC crashing when I try to used the shapes.db.

Here's my email to Marc, and a screen video I took showing the problems.

Thanks, Brett
    ======
    Hi Marc
    I've not heard back from you. I thought I might have because you were so quick to respond to my first email. Anyway I understand it's the weekend, so no big deal.
    I recorded a little video to show the problems I have been having.
    See: http://www.screencast.com/t/l2h7iAluZ9
    Thanks

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The problem with the shapes is a know bug. Please delete the shapes folder.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I only just purchased TLC. But I cannot install the People Pak that I bought with it. I emailed Marc about this and he responded really quickly with a question about what system I was using (Windows 7), but since then I have not heard anything. I don't want to seek a refund for this product yet, because it looks solid. I'd rather get these technical issues sorted.

But I need help, and Marc has not replied. Please help me with this.

There is also an issue with TLC crashing when I try to used the shapes.db.

Here's my email to Marc, and a screen video I took showing the problems.

Thanks, Brett
    ======
    Hi Marc
    I've not heard back from you. I thought I might have because you were so quick to respond to my first email. Anyway I understand it's the weekend, so no big deal.
    I recorded a little video to show the problems I have been having.
    See: http://www.screencast.com/t/l2h7iAluZ9
    Thanks[/quote]

NAVIGATE TO THE FOLLOWING LOCATION AND INSTALL THE PEOPLE PACK ONLY HERE! When you are installing the pak make sure to install it in the logo libraries directory. It does not show up in the pull down menu typically because it is installed in the wrong location.

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries

GLENN WOULD BE DIFFERENT ON YOUR COMPUTER.

4. BrettOnTheNet

BrettOnTheNet

Thanks Glenn. In fact this was sort of the problem. My "My Documents" folder is on the D Drive, not the C Drive.

When I used the supplied exe file it automatically installed the pak into the folder on the C Drive and TLC could not see it.

I alerted Marc to this installation issue.

Brett

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The requirement for the C: installation has been know for quite some time: many people with SSD's (solid state drives) just use the c: drive for the system OS for example. More options during installing has been discussed (like where to store the logo elements and logo library directories).

If you have all the add on paks, and the laughingbird software, and have imported custom libraries of stuff (like pictures or your own personal clip art) Things easily take up about 1GB in space.

INTERESTING STUFF I'VE ENCOUNTERED...
    I've created a few test logos that were over 100MB in size, and it really slooooooooowed my system down (I used 63 photos in one logo) but THE PROGRAM KEPT WORKING!

I've also created logo with about 70 elements (I got bored adding stuff) AND THE PROGRAM KEPT CHUGGING ALONG!

The location of the element and logo libraries (WHICH ALSO CONTAIN ANY CUSTOM TEMPLATES YOU MAKE AND SAVE) is non negotiable for the time being (IF YOU WANT THEM TO SHOW UP IN THE PULL DOWN MENUS).

6. rmastroc

rmastroc

I also have the problem of the software freezing when I try to look at all of the shapes elements. I've had a look but I can't see a shapes folder anywhere on my computer, only the shapes.db so I'm not sure how to fix this.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Delete the shapes.db file. It's a known bug, and yes, it's being worked on. I can tell you how to use the shapes folder from earlier versions of The Logo Creator, if you still have them on your computer, let me if you do.