Border Incomplete

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Xen, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Xen

Xen

I am having issues with the border that is put around on ads. As you can see by the screenshot, that border is incomplete. I have tested it in IE and Firefox and get the same result.

Is there an option to not have the border? If not, then how can I fix this annoying error?

Xen

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Is that a template image or an imported image?

3. Xen

Xen

Thanx for the reply. It is a template image.

Xen

4. Xen

Xen

Even the original template ( I only changed the words and sizes in my version), the problem exists. You can see the original template working here. It is missing two borders (right and bottom) in the original.

Xen

5. Xen

Xen

It looks to me as though the bottom grayed out word slides right, too far and therefore, cutting the border off. This is a mistake from when Marc first wrote this, I suspect. And more than likely, can be rectified by Marc.

Xen

6. Xen

Xen

no answers here! :(

7. OldenGray

OldenGray

I looked at Template 9 in Flash Ad Creator and even opened it in Macromedia Flash just to take a look at its "innards." I could not find anything wrong with it and, in fact, I suspect that the template was designed with only a left and top border. Flash templates are incredibly complex as they involve many layers and construction of a timeline and key frames to construct the animation. So, any deviation from what you get in a template will have to be built by you in the code. I would suggest that you look at another template and not worry so much about the border. Also, if you are going to insert this flash object into an html page, I would suggest that you leave the code alone unless you want to create more problems than you want.
    Somebody help me out here, but doesn't some actionscript need to be written for the last frame of the flash movie to actually stop it from looping? I seem to recall that it does and is not a function of the html code. The way the flash movies are written in Flash Ad Creator, they continuously loop. I also discovered that when I viewed the movie in Namo Freemotion, I got the border back. Go figure! Maybe adding one pixel to the height and width in the code will cure the border loss?