1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Book size for eBay.

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by ConArtist, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ConArtist

ConArtist

I've created my first test e-book cover. It's not very good but it will do for now. I am going to create one for a book to sell on eBay. When I created my test book on the WGC the image, before I exported it, was about 3 inches high and about 2.75 inches wide. When I rendered it, I chose to make the image 300 high and 275 wide. This gave me a finished image which is about 1.8 inches high and about 1.5 inches wide. The size in kilobytes is about 64. This looks like a good size to display on eBay.

Could someone tell me, please, if I always choose these sizes will the finished image always be that size?

Does the size of the image in the Art Centre - after it has been zoomed to the size I want to work with - affect the finished size of the e-book image, or does it all depend on the sizes I choose before rendering?

Thanks in advance.

2. KD-did

KD-did

I have no working knowledge what ebay will and will not handle.There is still the question if ebay can handle .swf files for the spinning book going unanswered to date. As for size I would think that easiest thing to do would be exporting your book by adding the file type (ie: .png etc) to your file name that you want and use PIXresizer to size or resize as needed.

PIXresizer doesn't add artifacts or distort as other resizer programs will.
    PIXresizer is FREE and a wonderful tool to have on board. It is available at:
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

3. ConArtist

ConArtist

Thanks, KD-did. I'll give that resizer thing a go if my cover size needs changing.