Bonus Elements Not Showing

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by Philip, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Philip

Philip

Using the shapes menu drop down, the folders containing Mascots2 and Laughingbird_Survey_Thank-You_People do not bring up those elements.

Both of these are bonus elements some people received. It appears the software references .db files for elements and these folders are not in that format.

any input????? e1.jpg e2.jpg

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

It looks to me like the file with the long name is not unzipped. That little square in TLC indicates a image is missing, or not in the correct format. For images to appear in the pull down menu, they must be in the PNG format!

echo2uuc likes this.
  3. Philip

Philip

They are unzipped, the icon is a file icon, not a zip folder icon, and it did work with the last version of The Logo Creator.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Change the name of Mascots2 to just mascot...that should work.

5. Dutch R

Dutch R

I have tried all that, Mascot, Mascots, etc. The software simply doesn't recognize that folder

echo2uuc likes this.
  6. KD-did

KD-did

Have you tried making the M a lower case letter?

7. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

maybe who ever programmed the software needs to be reprogrammed. Yes this problem really bugs me. I would buy other paks but what i've seen so far is no so good.

8. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

Yes sir having the same issue. Someone needs to reprogram the programmer!! lol

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

There are some minor glitches, but they are being taken care of.

Things that help us figure out your problem: What OS are you using? When did you make the purchase? Are all your device and system drivers up to date? How many anti virus programs are you running? Have you ever installed something like "gotomyPC" or "Speedy pc helper"? Third party software programs designed to "speed up your computer". Have you moved your files around? Do you know how to find your documents library? Do you have more than one hard drive? Is their more than one user on your computer, with each having their own unique login and password? DO you have a SSD (Solid state drive)? Did you backup your purchases to something like a thumbdrive? What do you use to unzip your purchases with?

Screenshots, I love screenshots of what's in your document directory, and in your laughingbird documents library!

10. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

Hey thanks for your reply...oh dummy me, how the life i live is lucky......figured it out. dah, ya gotta open a template and there they are. Simply dummy me. I'm gonna get the mascots....Oh i was thinking the paks were self standing...sorry got it now..easy as pie. 3.14 420 911

11. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

forget it it works fine..

gcuneo2 likes this.
  12. echo2uuc

echo2uuc

dummy me figured it out and oh boy don't need any more days like this

13. Phil Wright

Phil Wright

I have gone back to version 5 - it works fine

14. Renee Thronson

Renee Thronson

I am having the same problem. I used Logo Creator since version 4. Right no I have versions, 6, 6.6 and 5 installed on my computer. I looked up my order and my last purchase was 8/11/12 when i purchased Logo Creator again cause I couldn't find my old order, plus I purchased Mascots 2 Go, People Pak for Windows, Facebook Timeline Pak for Windows and 3D Characters for Windows. I am using a PC and running Windows 7.

Mascots 2 shows up in the drop down menu, but nothing appears when I select it.

I have tried renaming it and still have the same issue. I have other issues as well with the program such as it freezing up.

15. Phil Wright

Phil Wright

I fixed mine by removing a small file in the folder that was not working. No idea what it was called and I can't look because it has been deleted. However it is the only file in the folder that is not a graphic (Ds Store???). As soon as I deleted the file everything worked. I had to delete it from more than one folder.

16. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

1. The Logo Creator tends to "freeze up" when using the shapes folder. I will post a fix for thatright after this.

2. The location of the elements is non- neogotiable. It must be in the location shown below. Some elements are in yellow folders, others are DB files (which tells you it's something from version 6.0 and above of the logo creator).

3. Sometimes the mascots download is a bit quirky. I even had to use a different unzipping tool to get the original file to unzip correctly. Try using "7 zip" to unzip the original file.... IT'S FREE! http://www.7-zip.org/

Attached Files:

17. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

THIS IS HOW TO FIX THE "FREEZING UP" ISSUE....

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com...ash-then-cant-save-new-file.10859/#post-68691