BLOO!

Discussion in '3D Marketing Characters' started by gcuneo2, Apr 12, 2015.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I'm the guy that designed Bloo-- if you have any questions about him, just ask!

1. No, the end user (that's a customer) cannot really change his color, in the logo creator, unless you use something like GIMP-- If you do change his color in the logo creator he eyes will change color as well-- just like putting a piece of colored glass over the image.

2. I can change his color quite easily-- I have the original 3D file and software to do it. I cannot share the actual 3D-- that's against the companies EULA.

3. I've been asked by a couple of folks about making him a custom color, just for them. I can, however, that will not be done for free!

4. I cannot put clothes on him, period.

5. I can make him look (ahem) female, but won't.

6. Bloo lives in Washington State!
    b99.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    snginc likes this.
  2. KD-did

KD-did

Glenn. how about just including just plain while circles to place over any discolored eye balls? The circles could also be used for the irises.

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Never, ever, underestimate the power of Gimp! I went to Color, Hue, and adjusted the blue saturation level and saved.

yellowBloo.png

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.
  4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When I wanna make the pupils disappear I rotate the eye orbs 180 degrees. I will see about making just the part of the eye you can see into some sort of layer mask....

Affinity likes this.
  5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah that's pretty cool, it's something I was considering when I first was working on Bloo. I could have had 1 pose and 8 different colors, another pose, and 8 different colors. etc....

At least folks can change his color if they want to......:mouse;

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

That's why I tested in Gimp. I'm sure Photoshop and a host of other utilities will do the same thing, but Gimp is free for everyone. Users can do what they want with little experience. Took me about 10 seconds to change his color. Of course I didn't get fancy or anything. But hey, shouldn't make the author do all the work! Bloo is a cool character, and if a user needs another color, well, it's not that hard ...

snginc likes this.
  7. Affinity

Affinity

I played around a little with the bloo and orbie charcters and I really like them. The only thing I noticed is bloo sometimes needs a neck and he could use more eyeballs. Nice characters. Inkscape is free and has a color bucket feature too and there are tons of video tutorials on youtube.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The 3d model I used to make Bloo with doesn't come with a neck.... or clothes!

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Yea ... backside shots are kind of creepy!

gcuneo2 likes this.