Black is not Black

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by flipnk9, Oct 26, 2008.

1. flipnk9

flipnk9

Can anyone tell me why when I change colors on images I cannot get them to change to a true black color, they are almost always a dark grey color, I have tried the hex mode #000000, I have tried the eyedropper on known black colors etc. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong forum, first time visiter to this site.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Have you done a color calibration your computer? What you are seeing on the monitor may not be what you would see if attached here.

3. flipnk9

flipnk9

Thanks for the quick reply, I have not done a calibration on my computer but with that said, this is the only feature that seems to not work correctly and it seems to be with just the images feature. For instance if I add a black background no problem its the correct black, but again when I add an image for instance a star, when I try to color it solid black it just turns into a dark grey.

I do alot of work with iweb and the colors are fine within that program, what I have been doing so far is using the logos I create with TLC, place them into my iweb program then place over the top of the star that is part of the TLC logo I created, another star created with iweb and cover it with the correct black colored star. Hope that makes sense. The issue is I want to have some banners made (vinyl type) and the star that I create with TLC is that dark grey. You might get an idea of what I'm talking about on my website hyperdogz.com the "KISS type" dog has a black star over one eye, thats the star I created with iweb, if I removed it you would see a dark grey star generated with TLC.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Colorization of an image in TLC is much different than painting an image. With TLC you are adding a LAYER of color which is why you are seeing grey instead of black. To get a truly black star you could use the embedded font "Shapes" . By using the explanation mark key (" ! ") to make a 5 pointed star.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/tutorial_07.htm

5. flipnk9

flipnk9

Great idea I'll give that a try and thanks.

6. flipnk9

flipnk9

Black star!

Worked perfectly, attached is how it came out, thanks again.[​IMG]