big box of mascots

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by osirisja, Mar 12, 2013.

1. osirisja

osirisja

Hi Marc

I purchased the Mascots and the Photo Objects add-on - What I don't understand is how to make the elements available in the Logo Creator. I copied the 'rtf' instructions for Windows (7 x64), i.e. I created a folder named 'Logo Elements' and copied each of the element folders into it. What I don't know is if I should see the images in the Elements Drop Down in TLC, or whether I can only import the images individually into a template?

Cheers

Andy

2. KD-did

KD-did

The folders should be totally unzipped and then move into "Logo Elements" folder found in the "Laughingbird Documents" folder. Remember only the png files from the Mascots multiple files will work.

gcuneo2 likes this.
  3. osirisja

osirisja

Thanks KD - that fixed the problem perfectly. LB Might want to update the RTF files for Windows that accompanies though as this says it should be the 'Program Files' folder.

Thanks again

Andy

4. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

Same problem.

I just upgraded to version 6.6.

An image is included.

You say: Open "The Logo Creator" folder and drop the "Mascots2"
    folder into the "Logo Elements" folder.

I do not see a "Logo Elements" folder in version 6.0 or 6.6.
    Help!

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

6. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

Thank you for your help, people.
    But I'm still not "out of the woods" yet.
    First of all I just bought this software.
    Second there is no "mascots2" folder.
    Third there is no "logo elements" folder.
    This software is the best I've seen in its class!
    The "instructions" some of the worst I've seen ever.
    The instructions make no sense whatsoever.
    They should be looked at and tested for gross inaccuracies, immediately.
    That aside, I deleted the .DS file but still my People Pak does not show.
    "Created" a "logo elements" folder and pasted the People Pak into it.
    My file says "BigBox_Of_Mascots" should it be renamed "mascots2".
    Maybe the .DS changes do not take effect without a computer reboot?

Any other suggestions people-please be specific?

Thanks in advance for your help!

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You are aware that the location of the logo elments folder is non negotiable, meaning, it absolutely can only be in one location on your computer?

Look in your doucments library. Within that navigate to LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS.

Double click on that laughingbird documents folder, and you should see two other yellow folders. Let me know what you find.....

8. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

With all due respect you may not be aware that I said there is NO logo elements folder?

I'm simply testing every method I can think of to try to make the software work.

I don't want to do this and I should not have to do it!

I know the right solution will take less than a minute.

What do you suggest is the solution since I do NOT have a logo elements folder?

There is no "document library" file also in version 6.0 or 6.6.

Plus there is no "laughingbird documents" folder in the "Program files" or Laughingbird Software" files.

In the BigBox_Of_Mascots there are two files: Macosx and Bigbox_mascots

I think we must have two different software versions because none of the files you mention are in my software package.

I continue to be lost.

Thanks for your help!

9. KD-did

KD-did

BigBox Of Mascots is only images....elements only.. no templates. Unzip again the png file. There 2 folders there Poses and Solo.Then the folders with images into the the "logo elements" folder.

Laughingbird Documents....2 folders inside are Logo elements and logo templates.There is no program to run just images, to use with Laughingbird Software or other software products.

10. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

I get that BigBox consists of elements only. There are no Poses and Solo; mine say 'Regular' and 'Sticky'. The bigger problem is I do NOT have a logo elements folder. So even if I had or have Poses and Solo I do not have a logo elements folder to put them into. For that reason we created a folder and named it "logo elements" to see if that might do the trick; it didn't.

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Jerry, the folders "Logo elements" and "Logo Libraries" are found in your DOCUMENTS LIBRARY. They absolutely must be located there. You haven't mentioned "documents library" in any of your previous posts, so that alone leads me to believe that you simply have not been looking in the right location.

When I responded yesterday i was on another computer hundreds of miles away and did not have access to my resources.

In the 2nd previous post by KD Did she posted a screenshot of the executable part of The logo creator-- the main exe file and the actual stuff needed to make the program work. THAT CAN BE INSTALLED ANYWHERE ON YOUR COMPUTER.

The LOCATION OF THE LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS DIRECTORY AND IT'S 2 MAIN SUB FOLDERS SIMPLY HAS TO BE IN THE LOCATION DEPICTED IN THE ATTACHED PIX.

On your computer, the glenn part would be different. Take a minute and look at the picture- it will probably answer your questions.... 2libraries.jpg

Even if you created your own laughingbird documents folder somewhere on your computer, it doesn't matter IF IT'S LOCATION IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME AS DEPICTED ABOVE.

Using your SNIP tool grab an image of the same area of your computer and post it.

To use the SNIP tool you simply type SNIP in your start box that appears when you click on the start button....

12. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

It now works Perfectly!

My problem was I could not locate the "Logo Elements" folder.

It was not in the Laughingbird software in my "Program Files".

In retrospect the directions were not really that bad.

The Logo Elements folder was in my "my documents" folder.

Specifically for me: \My Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements

Once there I simply dropped the folder in and now it works.

Thanks for all your help!

That's 2 out of 3.

Now I need to get my PeoplePak elements package activated and I should be alright for awhile.

My Peoplepak is an .exe file but the elements do not show up like the other two packages now do.

I can only do one thing with the .exe software.

I can redirect the software to a different folder than the default folder in the executable.

The first time I ran the program I changed nothing and it went to C://Program files.

When it didn't work I changed the file from the default to the version 6.6 file.

I just changed it to the Logo Elements...still no success.

How do I get my PeoplePak to work?

I think this software will be a lot of fun after awhile.

Cheers,

13. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

Finally, all 3 of my packets are now activated.
    Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
    Jerry

Summary

Bigbox Mascots worked when I found my "logo elements" folder. My logo elements folder was located at: C:\Documents and Settings\Jerry\My Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements

There I simply copy and pasted the "regular" and "sticky" files into the logo elements folder.

The steps for my PeoplePak were similar; with the exception that I first had to find the people.db files on my computer. In other words when I ran the peoplepak.exe the files were placed on my computer but I did not know where they were. Once I found them I simply copy and pasted them into the logo elements file.

Now they all work properly.

14. SerryJW

SerryJW

Hey, Help everyone. This is beyond my skill set. My tech set everything up including People Pak...We just can't get Mascots to work. We have the Mascot folder under elements, we can SEE the Mascots( the are great!) but don't have the Mascots in the folder?? NOW, the Mascots are NOT DB files...what are we doing wrong?

THANKS!,
    Serry

15. KD-did

KD-did

I named a folder Mascots with mascots content added to it and it didn't work for me eithere either. There are unzipped 2 folders (with content ) that will work and that is png "poses and solo".

16. SerryJW

SerryJW

KD...We are on two different pages..I wondered what these were and where they got them cause they weren't in the download we got. Only thing was the Mascots folder, a readme file and a DS_Store. Nothing called poses and solo. Was there another download link?

17. KD-did

KD-did

No...several folders in Bigbox2go needed unzipping. Then there was 2 not usable by TCL. The folder PNG needs a be unzipped also included inside are the solo and poses folders and placed in the Logo Elements folder.

18. SerryJW

SerryJW

Have No idea what you are talking about with solo and poses folders
    We have the mascots in 6.0 but in 6.6 we have the folder BUT no elements are in it!! I have written Marc, but no answer..NOW are WE all talking about the same thing? These are the free mascots Marc sent me. There are like 50 in the D/L NOT 100.

19. KD-did

KD-did

The free Mascots isn't the BIGBOX2GO...which is the product you have written about.

What do you see when you unzip your Mascots?

20. SerryJW

SerryJW

I feel like I am hitting my head against a wall. OK!!,It isn't the same mascots. I see the mascots in 6.0 but ONLY the folder in 6.6. NOW, how that doesn't tell me HOW to get the free mascots into 6.6