Best Export for Flash

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Croogish, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Croogish

Croogish

Hey Marc & Co
    First Id like to say what a great product TLC is, i stumbled across it 6 months ago & have had lots of fun playing around with it. This is just a quick question, i read somewhere else on this site that the logo creator uses Vecotrs to create the logos. I do a lot of work in Macromedia Flash (another Vector based program Im sure you are familiar with) and was just wondering what everyone would recommend as the best way to export my images into Flash. I have no problem putting nice shiny logos into Flash but they lose resolution if my Flash movie is made full screen. Are any of the export options found in TLC a true vector format that wont lose resolution when scaled up? Thanks for all your help and keep up the good work, its always nice to see a product updated every month rather than every year!
    Craig:6:

2. HyReZ

HyReZ

Greetings Croogish,

I am new to using Flash and similar products, but I have be using vector ouput from 2D and 3D CAD programs.

I do know that if your graphic files were not created as vector art they pixelate (become jagged and mosaic when enlarged).

I have been Corel Draw user since version 3 and use version 9 now. All versions can create 2D scaleable vector graphics.

Also the WMF (Windows Metafile Format) is able to transport and save vector graphics, but not covert a raster graphic (bitmap) into a vector graphic (scaleable).

Check the net for freeware that will create vector graphics and will save them as DXF or WMF files. Many 2D and 3D vector programs will read and write to these formats. Macromedia Flash MX will let you import files saved in these formats

Peace,
    HyReZ