Been away for a while

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by GWhizKids, Nov 18, 2007.

1. GWhizKids

GWhizKids

Hi - I had purchased a copy of the Logo Creator V4.0 from a local retail store a few years ago. I recently bought a new computer and wanted to install it. I have done so but now I can't find where to enter the unlock code. I am running Winodws Vista. I have looked through several posts and have tried looking in the spots suggested. Please let me know where I might find the spot to enter to code that came with my software. Thanks!:image24:

2. KD-did

KD-did

You should get a prompt when you launch the program. If the program launches without being prompted then you won't need it, such was the case on my Mac. You could try a cold reboot and maybe you will be prompted if the program doesn't launch.

3. GWhizKids

GWhizKids

Thanks, I will do that. I know that I will need it though because the demo watermark is in the background of everything I create. Will let you know if the reboot helps.

4. GWhizKids

GWhizKids

Tried rebooting and that did not work. I see a couple splash screens pop on and then off. Why oh why can't anything just work the way it's supposed to? Note to all programmers, if you create a demo version of your product, please add a menu selection that reads 'enter unlock code'. How hard could it be?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Do an uninstall and also remove the folder under program files and do a fresh installation followed by a cold reboot.

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When you reinstall try installing while in Administrator mode, I don't run Vista myself but on another graphics forum this was the advice given to solve a similar problem with another graphics program.

7. GWhizKids

GWhizKids

Thank you

Got it. Thanks for the help folks. :image28: