Banner size

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Vegas, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Vegas

Vegas

How do i change the pixel size of the banners? I tried chanign the width and height to like 700 and no change in size?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Vegas, welcome to the forum!

When you say banner size, are you referring to the canvas on which you are building your logo? Are you adjusting the size before you start your work or after you have already begun the logo? And last question, are you working with a Windows or Mac format? :)

All this, will help us help you.

3. Vegas

Vegas

Hi Flotstom,

Thanks for helping. Im using Windows. After I choose corporate logs. then choose the type of logo, make the text editing, etc, then when i am ready to export is where i was changing the pixel size in the height and width area.

I thought u had to choose the logo first, make the edits, etc. then export. I didnt know there was another way? Enlighten me please

Say I want to make a 468x60 logo or 700 by400 banner size. how would i go about it?

4. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Vegas,

When you first open TLC you are provided with a blank canvas ... well no that's not quite right, first you are given the opportunity to select a logo template. You can instead pull down the File menu and choose new logo, and this will open a blank canvas. Now if you go to the modify menu you can select (towards the bottom) set canvas dimensions. Fill in the dimensions you want and click ok. The canvas will change to the specified settings.

You can also adjust canvas size after the fact, and I will do some checking to see if there are any differences in technique between Mac & Windows format, and post back with what I find.

Hope this helps. :)

Oh, almost forgot ... if after pre-setting the canvas size you want to work from a logo template rather than build your own from scratch, simply select display logo thumbnails from the File menu.

5. Flotsom

Flotsom

Okey dokey ... this should do it for you if you want to adjust after the fact.

Katie (dumpcable.com) lays it out here. :)

6. Vegas

Vegas

OMG. Thanks so much. I didnt realize it was a simple matter of dragging. I spent few hours over that. You saved me so much time.

Thanks so so much!

7. Flotsom

Flotsom

Glad it was what you needed. When you have time post some samples of your work in the Gallery, also a great place to look through for ideas. :)