background for logos

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Brian Morton, May 27, 2004.

1. Brian Morton

Brian Morton

Can someone please advise me.
    Is it possible to put logo elements onto a transparent (not white)backgound in TLC? I want to be able to export and paste my logo onto a powerpoint template and for viewers to see the template colours behind the logo on each slide in my presentation. I would paste it via the master in powerpoint and want to be able to situate the logo in the right hand bottom corner and for it not to look like just an add on.
    Thanks for any advice
    Brian

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

That's not a problem Brian, as transparent means 'see through'. If you order your logo in PP to be in the front, then everything else behind/around it will be seen.

3. Brian Morton

Brian Morton

Thanks for the quick reply Lats. I'm sorry to be so thick but the logo I designed has words and a couple of swooshes in it. I saved it on a white background. When I paste it into PP it ends up with a white box around the words and swooshes. Even when I do as you advised I still end up with the white box. I want to eliminate that white box if I can. Do I need to go back and open my logo in the logo programme then save it somehow with a transparent background before exporting it to eliminate the white box?
    Really appreciate the assistance
    Brian

4. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Pretty much, when I export, I use Export -> PNG- Transparent.

From there, you can import your logo into PP.