As you might guess.. a new logo for you to critique

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by doc fluty, Jun 22, 2009.

1. doc fluty

doc fluty

I wanted something new.. like those cool web 2.0 icons, I think they scream young professional at you. To me they say that they obviously know what their doing and that they pay attention to details. Instead of just a orange button.. its layered..

anyway.. i wanted a logo that incorporated some of that. but dealing with the military i don't want to come off as too cartoonish... so i came up with this attempt

I found some logo rules in this forum and around the web.. and they sort of go like this

1. No clip art!
    2. Avoid detail in your illustrations
    3. A color logo is fine – Just make sure it can also translate into black and white.
    4. Here’s your chance to be interesting. Even if you have decided that just the name of your company will serve best for your logo, use a unique typeface for crying out loud.
    5. Use sound design judgement. Things to think about are color, contrast, scale, alignment, spacing, etc.
    6. Don’t get too wacky with the shape of the logo.

let me know what you think.. this is for the web

[​IMG]

now without the drop shadow... for bumper stickers or tshirts and such

[​IMG]

2. Wicked

Wicked

I have nothing bad to say about it. I like it and think its brand worthy. It could be a nice logo/header/bumper sticker/promo header/banner/ and so on. But I too am a fan of that particular design style.

3. doc fluty

doc fluty

[​IMG]

another version.. a little cleaner

4. GCFL

GCFL

I think these designs are great. I actually like the first 2 a bit more than the last version but all are very good. Great job!

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Doc.

Great looking images!
    I agree with GCFL ... I like the first two a bit more than you third try.

The first one above is my favorite.

Really nice work on the image Doc.
    Is this for your own company? Or are you getting paid to design it?

Marc

6. doc fluty

doc fluty

its my company marc

im no where near good enough to charge people for creating their logo

i have went through a few different logos.. usually the same style, but this time i wanted the new web 2.0 look... Ive played with the above logo a little bit more and think i found a winner

how about this one?

[​IMG]

what sucks is that the logos on top were done on my desktop at home and the other logo was done on my laptop.. but the one on the laptop looks nowhere near the same on my desktop... i got home and check this thread out and realized how bad i need to calibrate my laptop screen... its a newer laptop.. only 3 months old with a glossy screen.. maybe thats not so great for design... my 24" dell screen at home seems a lot more accurate

i purchased the logo creator a year or two ago and had fun with the ease of making logos... but as i said before i really liked the web 2.0 style.. so i also purchased the logo creator web 2.0 about a month or two ago. (even though i had photoshop cs4)

it helped with giving me ideas... things i thought would be really nice didnt turn out so cool after i tried them. so i liked that the program didn't make me go through 40 steps and layers to center, bring objects to the front and change fonts.

i hope to make time to come in here more often and help out with other people logos...

7. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

I like this one right above me because of the colorw. However I do not like the dropshadow behind the letters. With that particular font, it does not look good, especially behind the orange on black. If you do the same one without the dropshadow behind the text, you'll see what I mean.

I also like the second one in your first post.
    It really looks much cleaner without the dropshadow behind the image, imo.

NICE job!

8. doc fluty

doc fluty

thanks for the opinions sweety!

9. catdog

catdog

hejho! the logo is really great but actually i would change just one little thing. because of the meaning "bootcamp" i'd better do it in a more army kind of way...you know with these camouflage-colours maybe (?)...but all in all: :politician:

10. doc fluty

doc fluty

yeah.. your right.. it looked better with the stencil font...

Ive tried it with different size letters.. colors.. drop shadows.. inside shadows

I like this logo because i can change the inside colors to fit what back ground i place it on. I have used it in pamphlets and had the letters blue...

I like the differnet options this logo gives me... i can do many different things with it.

[​IMG]

this ones has a grainy feel that looks great larger.

[​IMG]

and even did it in black and white for car window..

[​IMG]

11. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

How about bootcamp with a camouflage fill??

12. doc fluty

doc fluty

hmmm.. interesting.. lemme try it

13. 3DS

3DS

I created this camo fabric texture for you to try. I already "tiled" it. Might as well make this a freebie for everyone in the forum as well. Try it out in your army stencil font. Have fun!

Attached Files:

14. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Several years ago I created a tutorial on another forum for making camo look text. I have found the pics on my photobucket album so will add it here. The text was created using Xara Xtreme and you can download a trial version from the Xara website to try it.

1) Create your text in the normal way and color it olive (no outline)
    [​IMG]

2) With the text selected press <Ctrl> K to duplicate the text. Recolor the top text khaki.
    [​IMG]

3) Draw a circle on top of the text. Duplicate the circle several times <Ctrl> C and place over the text as shown.
    [​IMG]

4) Serlect the top (khaki) text and one of the circles using <Shift> Click. Press <Ctrl> 3 to 'subtract' the circle from the text. Repeat for all the other circles.
    [​IMG]

5) If you want you can add an outline to the text. Once you are happy with the results select all <Ctrl> A and group the parts together <Ctrl> G.
    [​IMG]

With a bit of practice the above should only take a few minutes.

15. doc fluty

doc fluty

When you use camo the words seem harder to distinguish

here is some lame attempts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]