1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Are New Models in the works?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by LrdSatyr8, Mar 11, 2006.

1. LrdSatyr8

LrdSatyr8

Hi... just got the PC version eCover a week ago and got the 2.2 upgrade and have been playing around in it, however, I was disappointed to discover that the SWF export of the CD cover was just a box. I liked the interactivity of the PhotoRealistic module's CD Cover, where the box could be opened and the CD would pop out (although the Spine and Back of the Box images wouldn't load in for some reason), but was hoping that I could export that as the animated SWF image and make it interactive for my users so that they could open the box, look at the CD, maybe even open the booklet, etc. But I guess not. Are there any updates to these models for SWF export coming? Would be awesome!

Oh... and something I've noticed is that when I create a logo in the Logo module, and then select the "Export to.." option from the menu, the image isn't stretched to the full size of the model cover in the PhotoRealistic module. Also, the Back Image of the CD cover in the module is defaulting to the inside booklet back, and not the back of the CD box itself. The spine images aren't working either.

It would be cool with the multiple CD's if you could show many different CD covers instead of the same one repeated 3 times. Will there be any updates to any of these problems? Thanks!

-=> Satyr! <=-

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Satyr8.
    Thanks for your post!

Yes, we've actually been working on a few revisions for The eCover Creator.

The idea you want - the interactivity of the CD opening up can be achieved! However, this is only possible if I create a "Shockwave" file. Shockwave is a cousin to Flash.

With Shockwave, I could have your users spin the CD case to look at the back, and open it up with the drag of the mouse... but, users would need to download the Shockwave plug in first. This is a bit of a hassle for your end users.

The way the software exports now (as a .swf file), most users still need the Flash plug-in, but its allready built into the computer.

We're working on a better way to interact with the exported .swf file in Flash.

As for your stretching-image comment, can you export your eCover and attach it here in the forum? I'd like to look at it.

Thanks again for posting!

3. LrdSatyr8

LrdSatyr8

Not really... you don't need total interactivity... just break up the animation into it's separate compentants... for example... start off with a Closed Front view slightly off so you can make out the side and a bit of the top. They click on something like an arrow that says "See Back" and it will rotate the image around to the back side with the other spline side shown. Then they click on "Open Case" and it opens it up completely, letting the CD come out to show it and the booklet slides out of the front... they click on the booklet and it will open up to show the inside of the booklet. They click once more and the whole thing closes and returns back to the original front view. They wouldn't need to hold the button down the rotate it in any direction... make it a set path that's preordained... just as long as they can see the whole thing would be so cool. Not to mention the whole thing could stay in Flash that way with no need for the Shockwave plugin at all. Make Sense?

As for my problem with the Image Stretching on the front cover of the CD Case model in the Photorealistic mode, here's a snapshot of what I get.

[​IMG]

What I did was this: I opened teh program in Photorealistic mode... I selected the CD Case model to use... then click on "New Front Image". Browse to my folder that contains the cover image (which is 745x745x32bitx600dpi PNG or JPG either format does the same thing). The image is loaded as the front cover but it doesn't fill the entire front cover of the case. It appears as if there's a black border around the entire image of about 50-75 pixels.

Now another weird thing that happens is that when the "New Back Image" is selected, and loading in the image, doesn't put the image on the back of the case but on the back of the Insert Booklet. And the Side Spine images do not work at all. I don't know if this is a glitch in the software or an oversight. But I hope you can understand what I'm talking about now.

If you come out with anything that can be tested I'd be happy to do any beta testing you need... have been programming most of my life and have been a beta tester many many tiems before so I know what it means to get some good input. Hope this helps!

-=> Satyr! <=-

4. LrdSatyr8

LrdSatyr8

Ok... I got out my 3D Raytracing program and here's what I was hoping to acheive... now note, I did this on my own in TrueSpace, so it will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Lemme know if that helps!

-=> Satyr! <=-