Apple .ttf font issues?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by electropoet, Apr 30, 2006.

1. electropoet

electropoet

Hi, by searching the forums it seems font problems are not all that uncommon...my problem is that i have a ton a downloaded fonts which show up under system fonts (they're all .ttf)...but the only fonts I can select are the fonts that come factory stock from apple...and I don't believe any of those are .ttf. Just wondering if this software supports .ttf. I put a copy of the font I wanted to use in all of os x's font folders...but still no joy...i'm pretty mushc worthless wothout some of my dwnloaded fonts. Anyone know how I could get them working with logo creator? Thanks! Scott

2. KD-did

KD-did

Scott, I am not a MAC person but you might want to see if the fonts you have installed were not installed in a sub folder under system fonts. I used a program that would unzip my fonts but put then into a subfolder not of my making. Other programs could access them but not TLC. Once I moved them into the primary system font folder I was good to go.

3. Toonvox

Toonvox

Well, more than two years after this thread, I still have the same question. Logo Creator 5.1 likes some Mac fonts, hates most. One font which I actually bought (.otf also converted to .dfont) won't work in Logo Creator, along with about 90% of my system fonts. Pretty useless, because I have some great fonts which I'd love to use for my logo, but I can't access them.

I tried all the folder tricks and still - nothing. Is there ever going to be peace between LC5 and Mac fonts?

Thanks.