Apophysis 2.0

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by OldenGray, Jan 14, 2009.

1. OldenGray

OldenGray

Hot damn, have I got something FUN for you guys. If you know about fractals, then you will love this program. IT's FREE! Simply speaking, fractals are geometric shapes that can be split into increasingly smaller, yet identical, fragments.
    Scott Draves, in 2002, created something called "fractal flares," which are a class of fractals to create spectacular images. His work was put into a free, open-source fractal-flame software program called APOPHYSIS 2.0.
    I've been playing a bit with Apophysis this week, and be warned: once you get started, you may find yourself spending hours creating increasingly impressive artwork and tweaking your inventions. The images you create can be saved as jpeg's and imagine what a combo you have with these images PLUS Logo Creator. The thought boggles my mind! The learning curve for Apophysis is fairly steep, but there are plenty of tutorials online to get you started. Best thing to do is download the program and play around with it.
    WARNING: It is intoxicating.
    www.apophysis.org

2. OldenGray

OldenGray

Apophysis Test Logo

Here is a banner I did using Logo Creator and Apophysis for the background. Pretty interesting.

Attached Files:

3. Wicked

Wicked

Thats awesome.. It would be pretty handy