Anyone familiar with Pixar Typestry

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by aeshkar, Mar 2, 2007.

1. aeshkar

aeshkar

Ten years ago, Pixar (now in the movie business) sold a product called Typestry. It did some amazing things with True Type fonts. Letters could be bent, tilted, stretched, compressed, twisted, rotated on any axis, morphed, and fit to a curve. You could control lighting, textures (skins) and much more. The 3D effects were truley amazing.

Typestry is no longer available and sadly, I cannot find my copy.

Any of these features would be wonderful additions to an already awsome product.

Andy

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Andy.

Excellent suggestion.
    Yes, I loved Typestry as well!

Are you a Mac user?
    There's a cool little tool that (sort of) does what Typestry did.
    From Belight software.

Also, Xara is a great tool for 3D text. Don't know if you can bend the text tho. Check it out.

You can use both programs with The Logo Creator. Create the text in the other program and export it as a PNG image. Then Import it into TLC.

3. KD-did

KD-did

Broderbund's Print Master and Print Shop Deluxe can be a low cost option to Tapestry. Both products have "headline" text abilities in both readymade and customizable. When you use the custom setting and under "face" color option you have the ability to add images to text, add textures, shape text, warp text and even change the orientation from horizontal to verticle and more.EXTREMELY user friendly.See attachment for headline text options I didn't mention.

Additionally both products have fonts, clipart and some photo editing tools all for about $49.

4. aeshkar

aeshkar

Thanks for the referrals.

Andy