1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Any Tutorials?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by chuck evans, Jul 25, 2005.

1. chuck evans

chuck evans

Anyone? I asked this a few days ago and have had no replies. Can anyone guide me to tutorials for the eCover Creator?

thanks,

chuck

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Look at the top menu third from the right where it says search. Click it type tutorial and see what happens.

Good luck.
    MD

3. chuck evans

chuck evans

I was taken to another website, not the ecover creator one, and no tuts.

chuck

4. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Hi Chuck,

I just justed playing around with the software myself ... if I get a chance later in the week I am going to create a few tutorials to help everyone out.

Looks like Marc is also setting tutorials up at http://www.ecovercreator.com/tutorials.htm

Eddy

5. chuck evans

chuck evans

Thanks Eddy, that link goes to tuts for the Logo Creator.

chuck

6. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Hi Chuck,

Yes just noticed that too.

Eddy

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Sorry Guys!
    Yes! There are no tutorials just yet - I'm working on them.

Still alot to do with the website.
    ... anybody want to CREATE some tutorials? Take a few screen shots?

I'd give you full credit with a link back to your site.

- Marc

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Coming up.
    MD

9. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

eCover Creator Render

Here is a tip guys that I found out if you can use the OpenGL render you will get better graphics! Also use the space bar and move the box around on screen a lot of the jagged lines can be fixed that way. You will have to play with it, but it does produce very good results.

Also if you have TLC you can copy the TLC libraries into the eCover Creator libraries and you will be able to use all your addons.

I also used Photoshop CS 2 to clean up and use the templates in the C:\Program Files\The eCover Creator\Resources\Original texture images
    Directory please make sure that you copy them to another directory first!
    I just made them all blank this way I can use them to design my own graphics.

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

:funfun:

10. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Awesome Homebiz!
    Great tips.

Yes- you can use ANY TLC logo with The eCover Creator. Any of the sets will work perfectly.

Actually, any users of The Logo Creator will have an additional 50 templates to use even if they don't use other parts of The eCover Creator!

This works both ways - you can bring the eCover templates over to The Logo Creator as well!

- Marc

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Very cool people, i'm just stating to work with the (last update) of the e-cover software and it realy looks great, although some things still need work, to me it's not realy clear where the screenshots are saved, where the e-cover parts (front,spline etc) made in e-covercreator are saved and why they don't always end up where i want them to. Also, in the flash module i've noticed that the images used for the top and bottom don't mach the ones in the photorealistic mode, they get stretch the wrong way around i.y.k.w.i.m.
    Homebiz thanx for the tips and i've already started doing my own graphics aswell did you change the size of the original texture images at all? For some reason if i don't use open gl for rendering the program crashes.
    What we need is an E-Covercreator Thread!!

:beer:
    MD

12. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Screen Shots

Hi MasterDesign,

The screen shots are saved in the directory:

C:\Program Files\The eCover Creator\Resources\TempGraphics

Hope that helps.

I did not change any sizes, I found that using the DirectX render I got a lot of jagged lines but they went away when I switched to using the OpenGL Render.

I am running Windows XP Pro with an Nvidia FX-5700 card I had to turn on antialiasing for it to work right, DirectX 9.0b

I made the other templates form the orginal images to use in photoshop CS 2.

Like you I have just started working with it, but it does still need more work.

We need to be able to control the shadows and mirrors.

The bottom part is missing a directory in the eCover Creator unless we are to use the same ones as the Tops...

I think the tops and bottoms are the same. There are 2 different sizes for Fronts, Backs, Tops, Bottoms and Splines not sure why I did pm Marc on this.

I will keep you posted as to what I do find out.

Enjoy
    HomeBiz
    :WOW1:

P.S.
    I have 2 web sites so if any of you need a place to put things up please let me know, I will add a section for the eCover Creator for tutorials etc.