Any thoughts on a Logo??

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Tiger, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger

Tiger

Starting to get frustrated with my lack of talent although I have only just stumbled across this site and software. I have been working on several logo designs for my company but have had little success (just not quite what I want).

I will outline the business and see if anyone has any ideas.

The company is called Critical Angle Ltd and is an aviation company with two branches. Firstly we sell pilot accessories and aviation related communication products, secondly we provide airshow entertainment in the form of aerobatic shows and performances.

Looking for an upbeat or even stylised logo that can be used for websites, print, hats, t-shirts etc. Must be able to be reproduced in grey scale as well as color (colours are not to important but primary colors are prefered to make printing easier).

I will try and post some of my ideas later to see if anyone can improve on them - probably only sketches as I'm just coming to grips with TLC.

Idea number one was a 3D sphere or globe with a 80 degree bit taken out of the corner showing the angle. The second idea was a triangle with a shadow behind the triangle has 3 or 4 claw like marks out of the side (almost like aircraft in formation with smoke trails).

Just thoughts but would appreciate any input from you folk.

Thanks

2. paperclip

paperclip

I like the globe (angle idea) but I think it would look better if you use an attitutude indicator instead. Any pilot would recognize the Angle, as well as it being an easy color/greyscale object.

3. Tiger

Tiger

Here are a couple of my ideas, anyone have thoughts or comments.
    Please feel free to show anything that might be an improvement.
    Please bare with me as these are my first 2 designs with TLC.

Attached Files:

4. junkie4life

junkie4life

I like the blue one, but I would rather see the plane image be soaring up, as the way it is now looks like the plane is going to crash. It's a very good concept though. The one on the right does not represent aviation in anyway (that I am aware of, but I'm far from knowledgable on the Aviation industry)so to me it lacks depth and direction.

J4L

5. Tiger

Tiger

Here are a couple more, feel a bit better about these designs.
    I like the first one the best but would value anyones opinion, I'm still narrowing things down a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has any ideas I would be most appreciative.

Im trying for something that will also work OK in grayscale and most other print formats as well as being adapted to the internet etc.

6. junkie4life

junkie4life

The 1st one is great, but what if you used an element from the last one... the last one has the "jet stream" cutting through the company name...what if you did the same in the 1st one but somehow attach them to the planes or to the ends of the X to give it continuity and flow...hope that makes sense. That might be too much, and I like the way it looks now. Very professional. Good use of typeface and colorization...Good Job!!

J4L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.