Any one running TLC using Wine on Linux?

Discussion in 'Installation issues' started by Forsgren, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Forsgren

Forsgren

I'm so tired of Windows and wanted to get rid of it and only use Linux Mint 17.1 on my desktop and laptop. For that reason I installed TLC using Wine on my Linux desktop.

Everything works perfect except I can't move elements within the logo area using the mouse. Elements can be moved to the logo area with the mouse but within the logo area the arrow keys has to be used.

I also did the same with YTGM but it has the same problem.

Is there any one having experience running these programs in a Linux environment?

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I've used Linux, but not WINE. I did find this on the net ...
    So, perhaps if you configure to work as a more modern version of Windows, it may help. May not. If you find a solution, please post back and let us know.

Forsgren and snginc like this.
  3. KD-did

KD-did

Never had an issue with my XP and V6. Wonder if it might not be an issue that can be corrected updating your mouse drivers.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Forsgren and snginc like this.
  4. Forsgren

Forsgren

I have configured wine to work as Windows 7. Yes I will post here if I find a solution.

5. Forsgren

Forsgren

Mouse drivers are up to date according to Linux Mint 17.1

6. KD-did

KD-did

I understand that but my thinking is you are running as if Windows 7... did a search for Windows 7 mouse issues.Solution might be found in your "CONTROL PANEL" mouse settings or making sure you are running as ADMIN. Check out for ideas of mouse issues. :http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006616
    Picture 1.png

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  7. KD-did

KD-did

There once was an intermittent issue with TLC V5 and those using cordless mice. The mice would not allow scrolling of fonts.The solution there was to pull up TLC go to the text dialog and then hit the F9 button, turn off computer and then relaunch without issue ever again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015