Another wanabe here

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Grannyathome, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Grannyathome

Grannyathome

Hi members mods and admins.

This looks like a great community. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you graphic vets, rookies and everyone in between.

Right now I'm don't seem to be having too much luck with The Logo Creator, which is the package I'm currently working with.

I want to thank all of you volunteers and everyone who is willing to share their knowledge and time. Looking forward.

granny

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Granny!

Glad to have you on the forum.

If there is anything we can help out with, don't hesitate to ask.

3. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum and to the world of TLC. Rather than start with building your logo immediately you might try just playing with the software by looking at logos in the telephone book and try duplicating or improving a logo you see. You will learn technique, develop an idea of what you like and begin to develop your own style. The hardest logo you will ever do is the one for yourself.

4. Grannyathome

Grannyathome

Thank you Randy and KD did. Playing around with the software is exactly what I've been doing just to learn how to use it. KD looking at logos in the phonebook is a great tip. Thank you and I'll certainly do just that.

Over the weekend I mostly spent my time trying to figure out what's going on with my computer. Just keeps going slower and slower. The HD is trojan, malware and virus free. I've scanned with all kinds of stuff both online and off and every log says "no threats" and ect. So I'm wondering if it's a hardware prob like maybe my moboard going or something like that. I probably won't be around too much until after I figure this out.

Happy logo making.

Granny

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I've been fighting an aging computer for awhile.....it takes alot of abuse from my projects and my 15-year old son. He's getting more into graphics and design, so this Christmas I'm selling one of my kidneys and having a custom pc built. And, if I play my cards right, my wife is going to get me my first Mac. :)

6. Grannyathome

Grannyathome

Seriously you're selling one of your kidneys? WOW!!

Right now I have the side panel off mine with a small fan blowing on it. Seems to be keeping me going until I can figure out what the real prob is. I thought maybe the HD was going, it just kept hanging on me. Did a lot of housecleaning too. Still go some to do. Haven't been able to do anything productive since last week some time. Now I feel like I've got to start all over again. :image27:

Think I'll keep both of my kidney's though.

Granny

7. KD-did

KD-did

Have you done a disk clean up making and a defragging of your computer? If you haven't do so it can make a huge difference in how your computer runs.

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I was joking about the kidney thing. :image05:

9. KD-did

KD-did

Another thing is if you are running with "system restore" function there is no reason to keep all the restore dates...it just eats up space and the computer will be checking all which will slow down things GREATLY.