Amazing images

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by Just Bill, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Just Bill

Just Bill

2. 3DS

3DS

i see you've found one of my fav 3d artists. kurt wenner is awesome. his artwork has been found on sidewalks all over the world.

what you usually see is taken from a distance at a certain angle for the picture...have you seen what they actually look like? they are really very, very long and distorted looking from a normal street level perspective; until you see them from the point of view he created them for, then it all falls into place. i love how he gets the public interacting with his final works for the shot too. it makes his artwork's depth of view even more believable by contrast.

i have a website somewhere showing his origionals, from a normal street perspective; but cannot find it at this time. but here is a google search result that will take you to many sites showing his works, perhaps you may find it in here somewhere:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kurt+wenner

great find bill!

3. Just Bill

Just Bill

3DS: After your post I did as you suggested. He is an amazing artist.

In my area we have several sidewalk artists but none with this type of talent.
    Locally I've only seen the 2D drawings and they are mostly copies of the great classical paintings such as "Mona Lisa" etc. (can't believe I used etc. in the same sentence as "Mona Lisa") Maybe I'll be luckier in the future.

4. 3DS

3DS

oops. i believe i figured out why i couldn't find the site(s) before...because it was about a different artist (duh). it was Julian Beever that i had in mind...but also led me to Kurt Wenner as well.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=Julian+Beever&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f

they are both awsome when it comes to anamorphic illusions. anamorphic illusions are "drawn in a special distortion in order to create an impression of 3 dimensions when seen from one particular viewpoint."

you may get a better idea from viewing the vids available in the both searches, showing a few artworks in thier "real" form. once you realize the magnitude of how they're really made, you then may appreciate what goes into them as you now view each piece in the galleries. i know i got a bigger "wow" point of view out of it, lol.

5. Just Bill

Just Bill

3DS; These guys are astounding. I've been captivated for hours.

In your last reply you used the expression ("wow" point of view). I've never thought of it quite that way before. With your permission I'll steal it and use it elsewhere. (I'll probably claim it as my own.:SayingHi:)

6. 3DS

3DS