am confused, notice SWF export option

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by SteveJ, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ

As per title am confused as notice there is apparently an 'Export SWF' option in Logo Creator but cannot seem to find how to use this ?

Using Search there is a post that states
    The above quote was posted May this year so must still apply ?

Could not find a separate Flash Ad creator or Animated Logo Maker from Laughingbird

So am confused as to how to create SWF or animated gif

2. KD-did

KD-did

FLASH Ad Creator currently is not available. SWF is flash file and is used when you have and want animation displayed. Currenly a swf must be imported with animation in place to be animated. From what I see SWF are embedded onto websites like Web Page and not usually other applications.

TLC no longer has .gifs exports and had no ability for animated .gifs.

Product poppers is Flash and can use swf files.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    snginc likes this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

What KD-did said!

Basically, you import an .swf file into TLC, add text and other graphics, and can then export as an .swf file. Just keep in mind that FLASH is restricted to those not using Apple devices. ( which cannot display FLASH without several add ons that most users know nothing about ).

KD-did mentioned the 'Product Poppers' package, and there is also an 'Animated Character' package available from Laughingbird. Here is an example of a quick video I did using a 'green-screen' video background and an 'Animated Character'. This was created in TLC, then exported as an .swf file, then converted to a video. Kind of a roundabout way of getting there, but videos show on all devices whereas .swf does not!

gcuneo2 likes this.
  4. SteveJ

SteveJ

So have to have imported SWF file first ??

Perhaps make the SWF option 'grayed' out if not an imported SWF file as that was very misleading to me when I see that option

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, two things here Steve. Please don't take this the wrong way, I kind of agree with you. If there is no animation in the graphic, um, why have an 'export as swf' option. But hey, better to have the option and not use it, then not have it and need it!

First, you can export any graphic you create as an .swf
    Didn't mean to mislead you. But if you do not add any animation to the graphic you work on, then there will be no animation when you export. Your file will be flash, it just won't look like it.

Second, we are all just users of the software here, just like you. We have nothing to do with how it is created. Unless Marc himself stops by. ( Been known to happen! ) There is a forum branch where you can drop suggestions.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/forums/wish-list-for-future-releases.14/

Or this one, where you can express yourself . . .
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/forums/raves-and-rants.11/

:hula:Let us know if we can do anything else to make your day!

SteveJ and gcuneo2 like this.
  6. KD-did

KD-did

Remember that Marc has strived to keep all Laughingbird Software products compatible.....so all template files (.tlc files) can be open by the same current versions of software. The Web Graphics Creator will have some files that are animated as in the past using Flash . So it stands to reason the software will have to have the SWF capabilities.:yoda:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    gunsmoke and SteveJ like this.
  7. SteveJ

SteveJ

@gunsmoke you stated

But if cannot create animation in LogoCreator then there cannot be an animation graphic to export which is pointless.

I understand that you are all users of software and helping others like myself who have recently purchased software/add ons which believe me I do appreciate and thank everyone for any help (as I try to help out over at IPS)

@KD-did, Web Graphics Creator is not available (as far as am aware) so unable to answer that other than unlikely will purchase something else as well as LogoCreator and add ons unless there would be something spectacular that would warrant it, but as not really finding much info about it than cannot really say for certain.

Thank you both for your help.