All text image

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How-To' started by dreamerscove, Sep 21, 2014.

1. dreamerscove

dreamerscove

Hiya All!

I've got some poetry I need on one image. Some of these are quite long. How do I make all text and the canvas cooperate when I paste the text. There's too much to retype.

Ideas?

Peace
    Lee

2. KD-did

KD-did

Your best bet is probably to save your poetry text as an image ....a preferably a .png and just import onto the canvas.

Are you looking at boarders or at picture to put text on?

3. dreamerscove

dreamerscove

I'm not very skilled with images. One I'm working on is forcing me to combine 3 images. The image is very long & I'm unable to crop pieces out I don't need. I don't have a photo editor. Sigh...

Thanks
    Lee

4. KD-did

KD-did

There are many photo/image editors available on line for free. What 3 image are you working with?

My concern is the canvas size being large enough for your needs.

5. dreamerscove

dreamerscove

Canvas size may very well be the problem. Can you suggest an editor?

Lee

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

As KD-did is saying, the main concern will be 'how much' text you are trying to squeeze in. It's rather easy to simply 'highlight' your text then right-click and select 'copy' to copy the text to the clipboard. ( I'm assuming you're on a windows computer ? ) Then go into TLC and click on the 'Add Text to Canvas' button. This will add the default text. Over on the left click on 'Edit'. Use your mouse in this box to 'highlight' the default text, then right-click and select 'paste'. This will paste your text in the box replacing the default text. Make sure you click on 'Implement' at the bottom of the box to actually save your text. Now position it where you want in your graphic, re-size, adjust, edit color until you get the look you want. Then export your graphic. If you simply want the text with no background color then select 'File/Export Transparent PNG'. If you want the background color simply export as a jpg or png.

If you need more help be sure and post back. :cowboy roping:

I use http://photoscape.org to edit images. It's from Google and works very well. If you are on a MAC they now have a Mac version.

snginc and KD-did like this.