Advice on Flash Ads

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by frankiej, Apr 19, 2007.

1. frankiej

frankiej

Hi All

I have just purchased the Flash Ads software and was wondering can the colours and shapes on the ads be changed and can we design our own animated add similar to the logo creator software or do we have to stick with the design templates?

Also are there any tutorials for this software?

Frankie

2. frankiej

frankiej

Feel a bit dissapointed

I seem to believe that when I purchased AD Creator I could basically build and edit a flash add similar to the log creator ( Which Is great).
    But am I right in thinking now ffor me to be able to chnage colours, speed, shapes, text etc I will need to purchase Flash software????

Please someone say this isnt true? :image27:

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Im' sorry you feel slighted FrankieJ....but, no where does it say anything about changing colors or sizes of the templates.

It does advertise saying you can change text and add your own images into the pre-designed templates. I also know that Marc is also working on another template pack, so there will be additional templates to modify.

I haven't seen anything about making colors or sizing changes becoming a part of the software. You must realize if a person needs to do all of that, there are other applications that will do it. For those that don't have the technical savvy for that, there is The Flash Ad Creator.

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Frankiej -- I think I answered your first question on your other thread. Please try to not post multiple threads about the same topic. It makes it more difficult in getting you the info you desire.

As far as the tutorials - they are available here.

5. frankiej

frankiej

I know fair point Randy. If I did purchase Flash Software could I then play with the graphics and colours etc?

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Of course - there is Flash software that will allow you to build from scratch.

7. frankiej

frankiej

Im not that good just yet, I suppose the templates will give me a starting point.

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

As Frankiej had posted 2 threads on the same subject I have merged them into 1 thread to save confusion or duplicated replies

9. beatnik

beatnik

I haven't used FAC yet, still waiting for the Mac demo version before buying. I would love to be able to download a few of the example .fla files to see how easy editing the templates in Flash would be for me. Is there anyway to get a couple ads created in FAC as .fla's?

Thanks

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Honestly, if you are proficient (sp?) in Flash, there are other places you can get flash templates, including thru Laughingbird with his affiliate program. Is there a reason you would need FAC if you are knowledgable in Flash? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for selling the LB product, but honestly, it's really designed for those that would like to use Flash, but don't know how to create it from scratch and/or have the cash to purchase the Flash software.

11. beatnik

beatnik

I'm proficient enough to edit other templates, but what I like about FAC (in theory) is that it is quick to make a little animation with links. That's all I need for one "job" I'm wokring on. Seeing the .fla would give me a better idea if it's worth buying. Thanks for the response though.

12. frankiej

frankiej

Dont get me wrong it is a good piece of software but its no good me putting a flash banner on my site that dosent work with my colours it would stand out.... I would like to be able to change some colours to match with my website.

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Beatnik - I've not had any problems creating or uploading the ads, and for $40 bucks, you really can't go wrong. From my experience with the ones that I've helped here that were having problems, most problems were due to user error.

Frankiej - I feel your pain. It would be nice to either have some nuetral templates or ones where you could insert background images with your own colors. I know that's been asked for before, so it may be on Marc's plate. I've not heard if it will ever be an option or not. But, as the software evolves, who knows.

Any and all requests for future product upgrades can be left here on the board. But, please be respectful in your posting. Think about how much you would enjoy getting flamed. Many software upgrades come from good, informational posts.

14. beatnik

beatnik

thanks for the additional info.

15. wongard

wongard

I tend to agree with Frankie - not being knowledgeable with Flash I would have thought that you would have been able to edit colours of shapes etc that are in templates, and also possibly change the sequence of changes i.e. one of the templates has 4 squares and they flash through the squares in the sequence clockwise Top Left through to Bottom Left, Whereas I would prefer sequence clockwise Bottom Left through Top Left so that the last square shows in the last position (if that makes sence) Anyhow if you could consider this for further upgrades Marc I am sure that it would make the software a lot more user friendly.

Cheers
    Peter

16. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Wongard (Peter) - another good suggestion. Thanks.