advertising question

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by doc fluty, Mar 15, 2008.

1. doc fluty

doc fluty

ok.. i know this has nothing to do with my logo creator but there seems to be quite a few small business owners here so i just thought id ask..

what if any are the law on putting up yard signs as advertisment... like putting them in arks or my the side of the freeway, parks or other spots.. im in cali so im sure there would be a silly fine but i cant locate the info online... i even googled it!

if somone can point me in the right direction of even who to ask id appreciate it. thanks!

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well i know in the uk its illegal to do it ,they call it fly posting here,and it carrys a hefty fine , i would think its the same in the states

3. KD-did

KD-did

Check your city ordinances as it governed at the local level.

4. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

In CA it is up to each city, except for State property i.e.
    Freeways....
    Your city will very probably have a web site although your city clerk or your city's public information office can tell you. If you do not live within a city limit the county in which you reside will have a county public information office that can direct you.
    I might add CA is one of the toughest states (I'm an ex CA native) and have dealt with most of the politicos...Good luck.
    You might try bulletin boards at the supermarkets and laundromats etc.
    TC