Adding PNG's to the .db files in program

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by richinri, Apr 3, 2013.

1. richinri

richinri

I have a lot of png's from earlier versions that I would like to have show up in the program at the top like the built in ones. Is it possible to add to the .db files so they show without having to bring them in from outside the program? Perhaps add my own .db file?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Add a folder to the Logo Elements file with your .pngs in it then it will appear in the drop down menu.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

KD Did's advice is spot on. I have directions how to create your own custom libraries here on the forum, I will repost for ya!

4. PeteD

PeteD

Hmm a similar problem myself here. I've just updated to 6.6 and now half of my libraries are not showing up on the drop down. They are 'physically there' in the folders, but seem to be being ignored by the program :( Help?

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Are you using windows?

6. PeteD

PeteD

Yes I'm on Win 7, all up to date sp etc.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Do you share your computer with another user? For example: you share your computer with a spouse and you both have your own log in and passwords.

8. PeteD

PeteD

No it's my own machine as in I'm the only one using it - I will look at the pinned article and see if that will help. :confused:

9. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

hmmmm....
    Hi Pete.

After you installed the update to version 6.6 - do you still have version 6.0 installed?
    you should now have two icons (6.0 and 6.6).

run v6.0 -- let me know if you can still see the logo templates and logo elements.

Marc

10. PeteD

PeteD

Hey Marc I had already deleted the old 6.0 icon but found the 5.2 still in a folder - this one opens with all elements no problem - contemplating large mallet and my Dell at the moment and wondering which would win..
    Pete

11. George Miller

George Miller

Same thing still have the 6.0 v shortcut on desktop. Click it and runs the upgraded 6.6 v (also has its own shortcut) the custom folders with pngs show on dialog but when pick nothing comes up???

12. PeteD

PeteD

Update still about a third of the elements missing from the drop down - I guess I will have to delete the lot including all old folders as I think it's the old version that is confusing things as they show up in there - just hope I can find 'em all :eek: Will let you know..

13. SerryJW

SerryJW

KD-- I have imported PNG's to my canvas and they show up like 10 pixels not their correct size?? What can I do?

14. KD-did

KD-did

TLC can not resize on its own.....it has to be manually triggered. Is it possible you are seeing a imported thumbnail.

15. SerryJW

SerryJW

No!!

16. F4bius

F4bius

Hi
    I have copied the pbg files in the folder ( into documents/laughingbirds software) and I can have all my png files

would be nice, as requested could a few years ago that TLC would support drag 'n drop from your desktop and / or folders on your computer. It 'always uncomfortable having to resort to command imports files