adding picture

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by XPlow, Mar 17, 2004.

1. XPlow

XPlow

does this help?

2. XPlow

XPlow

hmmm

3. Hexastar

Hexastar

Very hard to read the tagline XPlow.

4. XPlow

XPlow

what about the overall idea for a logo? I can make the tag line easier to read.

5. dmitch31

dmitch31

looks cool...

I think it looks great. The tagline most likely is readable when the logo is larger. What has always stuck out to me and seemed out of place is that sphere with the COM in it. It seems so out of place with the rest of the logo. The majority of your logo says "class", but that sphere with the .COM in it is kind of cartoon-ey and isn't as classy as the rest of the logo.

Are you wanting this logo for the web, a brochure, a sign, what? That might have some bearing. Apparently you want people to know your web address, but it looks like you are designing a logo for a really classy brochure.

Tell us more of what you are going to use this logo for so we can fine tune our suggestions.

dmitch

6. XPlow

XPlow

thanks for the reply, great feedback.

I left the sphere with the .com in because it was in the starting logo. I see what you are saying now, it takes away from the elegant look. I guess there is no need to have the website in the logo.

I am looking for a logo for all of the above i.e. web, biz cards, brochures, everything....Am I going about this wrong? Can I keep the picture behind the logo for all these things?

I am trying to get the boarder to look more like a movie screen...any ideas?

Also I wanted to try a new font like "elephant" but in italics. I cannot find an italics buttion in TLC. Is there a way to do this?

7. dmitch31

dmitch31

I think...

I think what you have here is great for a website and a brochure, but I question it's application on a business card.

But, now that I think about it, maybe it would be cool on a business card. You could have a truly full color business card with this. This image you have here would be all the way to the left or right of the card, and the rest of your info could be to the side, OR, you could have a verticle business card with this pic taking up the upper portion of the card and then all of your info below it. Now THAT would be cool!

I take it back, maybe this would work for all of those applications. Letterhead would take some brainstorming. But, if in any scenario you didn't want to use this in a particular application, there's nothing wrong with making an 'alternate' form of your logo for say, the letterhead. The previous versions you had with just the text were very classy and would look very good alone on a letterhead. But, that doesn't mean that you couldn't use what you've got here on the web, on a brochure, or on a card.

Looks cool dude...

dmitch

8. XPlow

XPlow

good idea! Why is my text not lining up?

9. dmitch31

dmitch31

font alignment...

You know... I've had that exact font funky alignment problem in TLC as well. It seems to be limited to certain fonts. Some do, some don't. I'd like to know the answer to this issue as well. Certainly someone else has run into this and can offer some assistance...

dmitch

10. dmitch31

dmitch31

I would suggest...

I would suggest you ditch the border for the business card. Make the pic/logo itself go to the edges with no border. I think it will have a greater impact. That border diminishes it I think.

dmitch

11. XPlow

XPlow

what do you think?

12. dmitch31

dmitch31

Yeah!

Now that is a striking card! That will get people attention and draw them into it. Good picture you came up with there. It looks much better without the border.

Now if we can just have someone enlighten us on the font issue...

dmitch

13. dmitch31

dmitch31

crop?

You may need to crop that photo on the sides in order to get some additional room for your info on the side. Reason being, you need to make the type bigger, otherwise your text is going to be really tiny...

14. Lats

Lats Staff Member

A couple of options for the text could be:

1. remove from the front, and put on the back,

2. rotate 90°, or

3. rotate 270°.

15. XPlow

XPlow

thanks for the support dmitch!

Lats, I am not sure I understand your 3 points can you ellaborate? The text is uneven from letter to letter.

16. Lats

Lats Staff Member

I was suggesting things you could do with the information text to the right of the main picture.

17. XPlow

XPlow

ok, I understand what you are saying now.

The problem we are facing is different, and we are hoping you can help. The text is lop-sided from letter to letter. How do we get the text completely straight from left to right?

18. Lats

Lats Staff Member

I can't quite see the detail in that text :(

Is becoming that way because of resizing?