Adding Image

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Vegas, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Vegas

Vegas

Hello,

After I choose a corportate logo and do all the text changes etc, I want to remove an image and replace it with my own image. i.e. remove the globe and replace it with something else from my desktop.

Whenever I go to add an image, it gives my some kind of run time error and shuts down. Does anyone know how to add ur own image to the logo?

TIA

PC version

2. Shelly

Shelly

Sounds like a software problem to me, have you tried deleting the globe first then add your image before you do any text changes ?

What OS you running XP ? videocard ? Ram ?

If all fails try deinstalling TLC and reboot then reinstall.

3. Vegas

Vegas

How do I delete the globe? I only see option to add image.

WinXP Pro 512mb new computer with all bells and whistles.

4. Shelly

Shelly

Menu / modify "delete logo element."

make sure you click the element you want removed first.

5. Vegas

Vegas

Hi Shelly,

Your're directions were great. I guess I assumed since when u click on the picture all that stuff was greayout so it wouldnt work.

Anyways, how do I add a picture from my desktop? when i went to modify add image element, i dont see a "browse" option to get the files, just the get more objects from the internal tlc.

TIA

6. Gravy

Gravy

You can do it two ways. Goto File/Import Image. Or if you want to replace an existing object goto Modify/Replace selected image with your own make sure you select the image first.

7. reverseimage

reverseimage

Hi,
    I am using TLC on a Mac G4 and I forget how to group all the elements.
    Thanks for your help
    Mike

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

select all elements you want to group go to modify press group elements, select to many elements to group and tlc won't let you enter modify menu under right mouse button.
    That it?
    MD

9. KD-did

KD-did

reverseimage, look for an email from myself and one from Flotsom the resident MAC moderator

10. reverseimage

reverseimage

Grouping

I just want to thank everyone for your help. The advice really helped.
    It is really difficult to write this because I am watching these little smiley things dance around on the right hand side of my screen :-) Is it possible to use those little smiles in a regular email program? I like the WOW one :-)
    Thanks Again.
    Mike

There is a bunch of them now. :-) I want to try using one.
    :WOW1:

Can I buy these smiley critters? They make me laugh.

:thankyou:

11. KD-did

KD-did

Just right click and save onto your computer. On a PC you would just insert them. I am not quite sure on a MAC but I do know that Flotsome puts them in his emails and he is Mac.

Did you know that if you hit more there are even more smiles. The TLC forums couldn't have just pain ole smilies...

12. Flotsom

Flotsom

:getting n for Macs you can either right click on a desktop model, or ctrl + click on a laptop (iBook, PowerBook) ... :D

:attention I have a little folder full of 'em for using in my emails! However ... if you are using Apple's Mail program, you need to know that although animated smilies when sent to you will be animated in the body of the email, when you send them out they will appear to be unanimated. Don't worry, they'll be animated when they arrive.:banana

I have had a couple of instances where a Mac user receiving my emails, got unanimated smilies ... don't know why. Everybody else they work fine. It's unfortunate that Mail does not support animated Gif's in both directions, and I don't know why that is either, but there you are.

Enjoy!

:bighug:

P.S. Almost forgot ... well actually I did forget (why the post script :D) ... to put the smiley(s) into your email, just click and drag from where ever you have saved them to the body of your email. :swing: