Add-on packages ...they just get lost in the ether somewhere!?

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by Ken Graham, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ken Graham

Ken Graham

Whether it's Windows 8, me, or the software, my TLC add-on packs seem to go missing after I'm finished working with TLC.
    The next time I go to work with TLC I have to re-install the pack(s) that I want to use.
    I don't mind the odd challenge but, when it's the same challenge each ...and every time, it becomes boring - and a major pain in the arse!

I've tried everything and it just keeps doing it's disappearing act.
    I'm not prepared to continue with this frustration.
    There are other logo programs out there but, I prefer TLC because it allows me, I believe, more room for creativity; however, I'm going to have to go with what works - even if it means giving up on TLC.

Does TLC work better on a Mac?
    I got an iMac and would like to know if Mac's and TLC work together better than the TLC/Win combination?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I can't speak for Windows 8, nor for a MAC. But TLC on my Win7 works like a champ. I can't believe that there would be any difference in the coding for Win7 or Win8. It's got to be something to do with how, or where, Win8 stores it's files.

Be interesting if anyone else with Win8 installed would chime in here and say if they are having any issues. Anyone ??

3. KD-did

KD-did

'my TLC add-on packs seem to go missing after I'm finished working with TLC' Sounds like a possible computer setting. Do you have your computer set for the use by different users?

I run on a Mac. on a Win 7 and XP without issues.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I've been using win 8.1 since forever, trust me, this issue is not with the OS, nor is it with the Laughingbird software.

Quite often when "funky things" happen like this it's due to some custom configuration the user forgot about, a goofy "save my pc" program that was downloaded, installed, and forgotten about, yet that beast continues to rear it's head.

Other things which "interfere with the program":

Installing the software, then the user moves files around manually figuring they know what is going on.

Sometimes a customer installs the software using one account on their computer (like their wife's) thinking it was their account, logs onto the family computer the next day using their own account, with a desktop configuration that looks just their spouses' and the first thing they encounter is the program is simply gone.

Occasionally users from other countries have issues because of language differences when the default language of the OS is not English. WHY? When the default language is something other that English, the keyboard configuration can be changed slightly.

One more word: teenagers. Sometimes they like to mess with their parents computers.....