Ad won't display pics

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Locmup, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Locmup

Locmup

I created a flash ad and uploaded it to my page. It shows up just fine, the text is mine so I know it's pulling from the assets folder. The problem is, the pictures are blank instead of the pictures that are in the assets folder. Help!!

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Can you give us a screenshot of how your folders are setup for you banner in your ftp or something. Or even write it down.

I have only seen this happen when the assets folder is in the wrong place, but we will see if we can get you going.

3. Locmup

Locmup

Here is a screenshot of the files. The ad is Alyce.swf
    [​IMG]
    Is it in the wrong place?

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I see you have an Alyce Folder... Is that being used for the flash ad? Also what folders are inside the Alyce_assets folder?

5. Locmup

Locmup

The Alyce folder is empty. The Alyce_assets folder contains three images and my text for the flash ad.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hmmmm....

Did you upload the assets folder exactly as it is on your computer?

7. Locmup

Locmup

Yes, it is loaded exactly the same. The text appears just fine. Instead of images, I get empty white boxes

8. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

how about this its a long shot. Some host have trouble with spaces in file names. try to rename in lower caps and no spaces. make sure the data.txt reflects same filename.

I had this problem with AOL

9. tonybear

tonybear

No images, me too

PRODUCT: I am using FAC template 23 with my photos (resized exactly, and given short, lower-case file names) because it matches my colors.

PROBLEM: For whatever reason, the loop will show all the photos once, then only the last photo will show on subsequent loops.

TROUBLESHOOTING: Yes, all the assets and html are on the same level. There is nothing else in the folders with the assets or html. I have tried on my Mac OS X 10.4, and on my pc with Win XP. I have tried exporting using the existing photos and not making any changes to the template (Service 1, etc.). In this case, exporting even with making no changes the photos nor text would show up!