Ad sizes

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by tbiazo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. tbiazo

tbiazo

I need to create leaderboards at 728x90px and box ads at 300x250px. Does the software come with these preset sizes or can I customize the sizes for this purpose? Thanks.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello TB.
    Welcome to the forum.

The sizes that are included with The Flash Ad Creator are set sizes. You can change them (slightly) with HTML code, but I wouldn't recommend that.

For now, the sizes are what they are.

However! I've also included the native Flash (.FLA) files with the software. Inside The Flash Ad Creator's folder, you'll find "Native Flash Files"

Hope this helps a bit!~

Marc

3. tbiazo

tbiazo

How will it work if I change the dimensions in the native files. Will I still be able to apply the effects on the fly? What happens if I change the dimensions to fit 728x90 or 300x250?

4. slivsilva

slivsilva

just the topic i logged on to research

I to was looking to see the sizes, and find those are the sizes I would need. 728x90 or 300x250 and of course 468x60. Hopefully in the future version you can either change the dimensions or have templates for those sizes.

:image09: (just because I like that icon ahaha cute little blue crying smiley)

5. Tdye

Tdye

Flash Ad Creator .fla files

Marc,
    You mentioned that instide the Flash Ad Creator I can find the .fla files in "Native Flash Files", I can't seem to find the .fla files. This would be a big help to get more sizes and customize a bit more. Can you point me to the right place?
    thanks
    tdye:image24:

6. KD-did

KD-did

On a Mac just click on the FAC folder.

For PC: Start>>My computer icon>>Local disk (usually C) >>> Program files >>>> "Native Fla files".

7. Tdye

Tdye

well, I looked and searched and no fla files can be found. Any Idea's?
    I purchased the software yesterday, it installed without registration. Maybe I need to register to get the .fla's ??

8. Tdye

Tdye

Turns out I needed to register and download ver 2.5 to get the .fla files.
    I guess they are not part of the ver 1.0 release. :image10-2:

9. bformhals

bformhals

Smaller Sizes 125x125

I just got the software today. What I did to change the size was to use the html code, I simply changes the dimension for the object. This file is slightly smaller that a 125x125, when I used those dimensions I had too much white space showing. Just tweak the sizes

You can see the results of this first attempt here at http://diamond-surf.com

Definitely need to be able to customize to any size though. Also, open in a new window so as not to disturb main page content.