Resolved Activation Key

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by TSR, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSR

TSR

I bought both the corperation and Sports pack online. But, i never got a activation key, i thought it would be emailed to me but i guess not.

Any one know whats up, i'm prolly just doing something wrong.

Someone, keep me inline? (Haha)

Thanks,
    TSR

2. KD-did

KD-did

You should have received an email. Sometimes emails will be sorted incorrectly and they end up sorted into bulk mail files.

If you ordered online you should be able to lookup your order and get your activation key.
    https://www.findmyorder.com/servlet...=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US

If you made your purchase using Paypal send laughingbird a PM with the email address you used at the time of purchase, date of purchase and order number if possible.

PM: http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=903

3. TSR

TSR

Hey! Thanks, but all it says is the order information.

I'll see if i can find it.

Thanks,
    TSR

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi TSR.

Can you PM me the order number? I can look you up and reissue the key.
    You can also use the Order number on the page that KD points you to above.

Marc

5. wbatten

wbatten

Activation key not sent

I recieved my Order confirmation though the activation key was not included. I visited the "find my order" and all it shows is what I ordered and that order was completed (no key shown) ?

-wayne

6. KD-did

KD-did

Odd I just looked up an order by number for Sept. 03..it shows that the order was completed, download links and the keys, but when I looked it up by credit card number and email address I had to click on the button that said "re-download order" in order to see the key.

7. wbatten

wbatten

I re-checked my email (no key) I looked up my order (no key) tried a different browser didn't help, I looked up the order using both methods order ID and credit card I also clicked the download again didn't show the key.

Tried a different computer, I got the same results when looking up the order, no key shown.

-wayne

8. KD-did

KD-did

Wayne, how recently did you make your purchase?

9. wbatten

wbatten

last night, it stated that the activation code would be in the order confirmation email - could this be a misprint? and that it would be coming in a different email

-wayne

10. KD-did

KD-did

Did your email contain a link in it for the download? Did you purchase through a Demo or did you directly purchase online from the LBS store? Did you look in the bulk/junk mail folder for the second email? There should be 2 one from the e commerce (Digital River)confirming order and another from LBS with the keys and download information.

11. wbatten

wbatten

Laughingbird Software, LLC – Order confirmation for order #xxxxxxxxxx

I purchased it from laughingbird website using this link:
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/products/the-logo-creator.html

this is the confirmation email I recieved;

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear xxxxx x xxxxxx,
    Thank you for ordering from Laughingbird Software, LLC on September 21, 2008. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*Laughingbird on your credit card billing statement.
    LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER
    1. Go to http://www.findmyorder.com. You may also find other helpful information on this page.
    2. Look up your order either through the order number or your account login information.
    DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
    Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name.
    PHYSICAL PRODUCTS
    You will receive a separate e-mail notification when your products have shipped.
    Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
    Sincerely,
    Laughingbird Software, LLC Customer Service
    YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
    Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
    Order Date: Sep 21, 2008 7:51:20 AM
    xxxxx x xxxxxx
    xxxx x xx.

xxxxxxxx xx xxxxx
    360-xxx-xxxx
    xxxxxxxx@comcast.net

Shipping Address:
    xxxx x xx.

xxxxxxxx xx xxxxx
    US
    360-xxx-xxxx
    xxxxxxxx@comcast.net
    Product SKU: TLC5W2
    Product Name: The Logo Creator v5.2 - Web 2.0 Edition Windows
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $29.95
    Digital Rights:
    SubTotal: $29.95
    Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $2.46
    Total: $32.41

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

12. KD-did

KD-did

To me that reads more like the DigitalRiver confirmation email on behalf of LBS but I could be wrong. It very well could be that the key isn't added to the order look up dialog for a variety of reasons.....until after there is a confirmation from the credit cards bank that the purchase is good or the funds have been actually transfered or after a physical shipment has taken place.

I will try to get Marc's attention on this ASAP to look into this for you as he is the only one with access to the purchase information and DidgitalRiver info.

13. wbatten

wbatten

Thank You very much :)

14. wbatten

wbatten

Still haven't recieved my key

I have received all other correspondents except the one that has the key!

"Find your order" still says order completed but doesn't show any keys.

wayne

15. KD-did

KD-did

And you still haven't had an email from Marc with a key?

16. wbatten

wbatten

I requested a refund :(

Thank you KD-did for trying.

-wayne

17. KD-did

KD-did

Send Marc a PM with all your purchase information so he can make the refund.

18. racinlm

racinlm

Could I please get some help

I have sent the below email to Marc, to your tech help department, and an email address that digital river gave me. I have yet to receive any response, and when I call your number all I get is a fax tone. I was able to get ahold of someone at digital river, but she was unable to help. Now I have downloaded my software again, and I still can not get the unlock code to give me a the full version, and none of the scrolls are there and nothing is highlighted. I want to get work done with the program, and I am getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of any response. I am sorry to make this public, but I have tried the other avenues and can not get any help.

Below is my email I have sent several times;

I just purchased the mega pack a week ago (09-18-08), I got the download version and a backup cd. When I first installed the download, it wouldnt take my unlock key, I x'd out and I was able to work with it. Yesterday I went back to work with the logo creator and I lost all my scrolls and nothing was highlighted in the program. I thought something went bad with the program so I uninstalled it and loaded the cd. Again the unlock key does not work and it still does not have the scrolls. I have registered my product and received your confirmation.

Could you please contact me in regard to this issue.
    Chris

19. KD-did

KD-did

Did you remove the TLC file from your "Program Files" before doing a re-installation from the CD? It is the only way to make sure you are starting with a clean slate. Un-installing doesn't always remove all files and re-installing doesn't always fix problems by over writing leftover files. This step should allow your existing key to work.

Are you saying that you lost the ability to scroll fonts after your re-installation? Quick fix for that ...hit your F9 button. Usually it is a permanent fix but there is also an FREE update fix at http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates.html. Sounds as if your download might be slightly newer and included the update , newer than the CD burn was which would explain the difference.

Hint you can also use F9 plus a letter as a shortcut to start a scroll..starting with the letter you choose...especially nice when you are scrolling through the system fonts

20. racinlm

racinlm

That did not work, it will not do anything when I enter the unlock code. I looked in program files and there was nothing to remove. I dont know what the trial version lookes like compared to the full version. But none of the buttons are active. I dont know how to describe, but I know there is an issue. The scroll bars do not show up in the text part, and the selections are just black text that is difficult to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.