A warm hello from Japan.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by jekan, May 16, 2007.

1. jekan

jekan

I am an english man who is a nursing Buddhist Priest working in Japanas an associate professor of nursing. My PhD research is education and curriculum design. This software excites me as to the new possibilites it brings to designing distance learning and interactive packages. I have found all the products I have purchase to be exciting and fun to use. If only I could pass that joy on to my students!! sigh....
    I look forward to learning from members any tips of how I can enter japanese charecters on an english keybpard in windoes would be a blessing and good karma...smile

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Welcome to the board!!

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

That would be a font issue :)
    Welcome to the forum...When I was in the Navy , I got to visit Japan...Its really a beautiful nation...The memories I will always treasure :)

フォーラムへの歓迎

I can say this...If you want to do japanese on your computer using an english keyboard...You need to have the language installed on your computer...You do this by inserting the Win CD...I selected a website that was written in japanese so it would prompt me to install the language pack...Then I used babble fish to type in english what I wanted to say then translated it to japanese and copied it and pasted it in here. Try It!
    The same principle will work for logo creator as well. Need help...just holler at me, And I will do what I can to assist.

4. jekan

jekan

Japanese fonts

Many thanks for the informative reply, I was a military nurse and para medic, now I am a monk! smile.

I can see the japanese fonts when I type as I am using windows twin input systems. How ever they do not show in the flash graphic. Is there a dedicated fonts file in the software or can it used installed fonts?
    J e KAn

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

You can install fonts in your widows font folder and TLC will pick them up to where you can use them in your logos they will be listed under "System Fonts"