A.P.B. Orlando FL/ Have you seen this car?

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by prototype66, Dec 12, 2007.

1. prototype66

prototype66

I am trying to find my 1968 Cutlass Which I left in orlando FL in 1992. The DMV told me it is still registered to the same person that bought it back then. the vin ends in 192712.
    I still have the original owners manual and protect-o-plate. It belonged to my wife's grandfather and then her dad sold it to me in 88.
    We moved to Orlando in 1990 and in 1992 (because of the impact fee and lack of another work truck after my scottsdale caught fire) I was forced to trade it to Don Mealey Chevrolet. It was sold and titled shortly after.
    My wifes dad asked about it a few times recently so now I am trying to find it.here is a picture of it before I put ralley wheels on it.I know it's a longshot and it probably isn't even on the road anymore but ANY help would be greatly appreciated! You can pm me or email me if you would rather.

Thanks guys!
    Proto

[​IMG]

2. prototype66

prototype66

P.S.
    Yes I know this is a huge haystack, I hope its o.k. to post things like this. If not please remove it.

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Do you have the entire vin #?

4. prototype66

prototype66

Protect o plate and all! The VIN is too old to run a vin check on it. I tried that as well.......several times!

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I have some resources, if you'd like to forward that info to me via pm.

6. 3DS

3DS

Hey Proto,

I had a friend who had a Cutless similar to the one in the pic, only it was more like back in 82 when we tore up the streets...and some fields in it, here in CA. lol. Sorry I couldn't narrow the search for the needle in your "haystack".

7. prototype66

prototype66

its cool bro , I apreciate it anyway!
    Today was its birthday, I didn't realise it until I looked real close at the Protect-o-plate. Maybe it's a sign that Its coming back to me(please pleeeeaaasseee!)

8. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

I ran out of my house, looked up and down our street and didn't see it. So, you can cross off Long Lake Road in Phoenix from your list...:image23:

9. prototype66

prototype66

Are you sure?
    Run outside and check again for me would ya< I hear they migrate WEST when they get old! lol

10. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

You're right, I will check again. I'm sure they follow the pattern and come out here when they are retired and I'm sure a 68 would have been retired more than once.... Pun intended even if it is a bad one...

11. KD-did

KD-did

12. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Those search engines only work for anything after 1981, when the 17 character vin number was the standard. During research a few years back, there is no online database for anything pre-1981.

Your best option is to take the number to the dmv or if you have an officer friend, they could run the old vin number.

13. mrwatcher1

mrwatcher1

My Car

Hey .... that's my car !!

That was my 1st car I ever had , great car too ...

the girls loved it :Homer:

14. prototype66

prototype66

Where did you get yours?
    I loved mine too, I can not give up on finding her dead or alive!
    you wouldn't happen to be from orlando are you? lol

15. KD-did

KD-did

My husband still owns his black '57 Chevy BelAire from his high school days which be bought as its second owner...

16. prototype66

prototype66

I was the second owner in the same family( by marriage)
    I am such a dope!
    I hope I can find it!
    I miss it bad!