A new design from Knight Productions

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by jknight36108, Dec 9, 2003.

1. jknight36108

jknight36108

this is a sample design i came up with for a FM station, it's a fictional station based upon an internet station i used to run.

[​IMG]

:57:

2. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

looks pretty good.

what is the dark image in the background?

3. jamirae

jamirae

hey.. I was just going to ask that! :) but now that I look at it in more detail, it appears to be a mask.. maybe you could make it a little more obvious?

The font for "The Phantom" is a perfect choice (IMHO).

4. jknight36108

jknight36108

yes it is a mask, sure i could go back and make it less blurry to give more detail, i kinda wanted the foreground objects to stand out more though, i have more stuff up my sleeve to come, would you guys believe it took me 20 minutes to do that, while up awake with no sleep at 5am?:whistler:

5. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

ooh I see it now.. I think the word "Sample" hide part of the mask..

TLC makes logo design soo fast.

6. jknight36108

jknight36108

i kinda gave the mask that blurry out of focus look so as not to infrienge on any copyrights, plus it looks like the mask is actually a shadow cast upon the ground or a wall

7. russgri

russgri

Newbie Question

Tell us more about the mask...
    Is this an element ...a single large text element
    Where could i read up on this?

8. jamirae

jamirae

tutorials

Hey Russgri...

Soon there will be some more tutorials on the website, so you can get more info on adding things like the mask. But... in the meantime, it would be great if jknight36108 told us a bit about how he made his logo. :)

9. Azionite

Azionite

Maybe it's the "Sample" that's throwing me off, but for some reason I don't like the font that's used for the "WPHT".

Not sure exactly why, but possibly changing the color (giving the logo a bit more color) or changing the font type.. not sure.

Otherwise, I really like everything else! Very good job on the buttonized look on the bottom. And as was said before, the font for "The Phantom" was a perfect choice!

Keep 'em coming.

10. jknight36108

jknight36108

yeah the font for the call letters "WPHT" i was and still am kinda not happy with it, i can always change it later.

the mask, was simply a jpeg image i imported and blown up then blurred to cover the pixelation.

the button was an element found in TLC, the font was one i had one my computer, forget the name, but i really loved it, and i used it for my logo in the past.

i have been asked to create one of the tutorials for TLC, i am planning to make one on putting images up on cafepress.com.

11. jamirae

jamirae

maybe try taking off the or changing the angel of the WPHT?

cool on the Cafepress tutorial! I have some shops on there too.. posted the link in another thread. (but I'll post it again, of course! www.cafepress.com/momshalo ) TLC is awesome for creating graphics for Cafepress. :)