A few Questions?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Team Zip Way, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Team Zip Way

Team Zip Way

I thought I'd post all my Qs here instead of in a bunch of posts:

1: Is there any "paste from clipboard" feature in TLC? It's annoying to have to find a way to save microsoft word images as .jpg.

2: Is there any box making feature that will make an empty box/circle/oval. I always liked that feature on Microsoft Word

3: The pick-a-color from current logo doesn't work on version4. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

Not aware of any way to paste from clipboard, and the color selection feature missing from v3.6 would be a good reason to hang onto v3.6 if you still have it. As for making "empty" shapes, you can do that with the font shapes located in TLC's fonts menu (not System Fonts, those are yours).

The Shapes font offers circles, rectangles, squares, a chain link, lines, stars & ovals. There may be a few I've forgotten, you'll have to look. They are also great for making your own Masks ... also read this tutorial by Shelley.

Hope that helps.

3. Team Zip Way

Team Zip Way

:thankyou: thanks, that pretty well answered my Q's.

4. Flotsom

Flotsom

Team Zip Way,

You are most welcome!

BTW, I forgot to mention that since the shapes in Shape fonts are actually fonts, you can use all the goodies for fonts on them ... such as outline, image fill, mirror, more text effects (hot glow, etc.).

Having said that, I should also point out that this would not hold true after you followed my instructions for making a mask out them, as once you export, when you bring it back in, it is no longer a font, but an actual image element.

As with everything in TLC ... almost an infinite number of variations as to what you can do!! :D