1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

A few questions about the Web Graphics Creator...

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by The Beyonder, Jan 28, 2009.

1. The Beyonder

The Beyonder

I plan to buy WGC. I'm so curious. But before I do so, I have a couple of questions that I need answers to, before I can make up my mind. Maybe I'm lucky, and one of you WGC user can answer them?

Can I use WGC create Web Headers?
    If yes, can I import graphics from my computer into those headers?
    For that matter, can I import graphics at all into WGC? Or am I stuck with the pictures that come with WGC?
    Does WGC enable you to put special, and really unusual, effects to the texts you create with it?
    In particular, I'm looking very hard for an program that is simple to use even for beginners, but puts those effects to texts: Most of all. give your text an flaming outline (not just flaming tops); lets your text appear as if it was melting; and, finally, make your text look as if it was frozen, with icicles and all. Can you do any of this with WGC?

Do you people know this?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Beyonder.
    Thanks for the post.

I can answer your questions above with a Yes and a few No's :D

Yes, you can definitely create page headers and import your own images into the software. You can create flipbooks, 3D and animated eBooks (rotating eBooks that spin and move on your page) ...and export animated buttons.

But the WGC won't produce the text effects you're looking for.

I would recommend looking at a few Xara products for this (http://www.xara.com), or, if you're a Mac user - there's a GREAT text effects product called Art Text http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/overview.php)

Check them out when you can.

- Marc

3. KD-did

KD-did

Marc, you forgot to mention that you can also insert images into text using WGC.

Couple the right font, with inserting images having a background can make for some really spectacular looking text effects using WGC Two quick examples using a flame background from fotolia to show a couple of text possibilities....

4. The Beyonder

The Beyonder

Thank you for the infos, Guys. Looks like I'll never get a software that adds a flaming outline around text. You'd think there would be somebody bright enough to develop it, already...

I bought the WGC for a trial run, by the way. But I'm looking right now at the ArtCenter, but I just can't find a button for header design? Could you please point me to an tutorial? Because I'm in the process of having an very big website designed, and the designer needs the headers...

5. KD-did

KD-did

Simply make your canvas the size and/or shape of the header you are needing. Import images add text as desired then export.

6. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

I created the header for this site: http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk/medsoundstudio using WGC. I also did the flip book here: http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk. I would also recommend Xara Webstyle without a shadow of a doubt if you are at all interested in web design. WGC and Webstyle are the two most programs I use when creating a site.

Nothing like tooting your own horn is there. :image10-2:

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

The Xara software Marc mentioned is easily capable of creating the flame effect round text. If you check the images below, in the left one I manually added the flames effect while the right hand one has the flame effect automatically added with the 'live effects' tool.
    NOTE: The flame effect tool does not come as standard with Xara Xtreme but you can see a demo of the effect. To use the flame effect you must buy the full plugin package

Attached Files:

8. The Beyonder

The Beyonder

Thanks for the info. But I'm not looking for merely flaming letter-tops, but flaming outlines around the entire letters.

9. KD-did

KD-did

But you can surround all of the text with the flame effect tool plugin for Xara Xtreme not merely as the sample shows.... the plugin has many, many options that you the user control.

10. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

You might want to look at the FREE fonts at urbanfonts.com they have some flame fonts that you can colorize in a gradient to simulate a flame or you can insert a graphic of a flame in the font for a more realisitc look in TLC.

11. KD-did

KD-did