30-day money back: is it a joke?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by savage, Aug 18, 2005.

1. savage

savage

I wanted to buy the "Corporate Logo Collection", but somehow I made an error during ordering and I bought the wrong collection, the "Leisure Set", plus the extended download which I didn't want to buy at all.

The error I made was very stupid - before paypal payment, I wanted to check the order form again (unsure of the state field), but instead of going back with the browser button, I opened another browser and placed on the basket the "Leisure Set" (the first product I found in the list...). Then, I get back to my 1st order page and completed the payment.

I bought the wrong product since when I opened the new browser and placed the Leisure Set in the basket, it actually replaced my current basket.

Anyway, immediatly after payment, and once verified that I bought the wrong product, I tried to cancel the order - but it couldn't be canceled, since "the credit card was already charged" - but I used paypal :S.

Anyway, I immediatly wrote an email to the Logo Creator Help (Monday), I also filled in the contact form (Tuesday), but no response yet (Thursday).

I also tried to ask for a refund using the online procedure, but the form asks me to "check at least one item", but there are no checkboxes in the form!!!! (I also looked at the html code - no checkboxes at all).

So, I'm wondering whether the money back is a joke, an advertised feature which doesn't exist!!!. And what about the customer support?

I have an application which I don't want - ok, I made an error during the order, but before buying I knew there was a refund option.

Is there anybody who had a similar problem?
    Is it possible that the refund procedure doesn't work?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Savage,using the paypal option makes refunds does take longer....Digital River has to wait for funds to clear and then reverse. Send laughingbird a PM and he will see what is going on for you.

3. savage

savage

Hi, thanks for the info.
    Anyway I think I already sent a message to Marc Sylvester, who if I'm not wrong is the creator of the application. At least, I received 2 automatic emails from his address - I presume as automatic replies to my questions.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Savage.

Thanks for the post.

Let me know if you've recieved the PM I've sent!
    I've taken care of you. (I've updated his account with the correct software).

I use Digitalriver.com for my eCommerce system. They take care of everything from fraud control to PayPal, CreditCard, phone payments ... and refunds! I'll check into the troubles you've had.

In the meantime!
    Let me know if you have any questions or further troubles.

- Marc

5. savage

savage

Problem solved, late but quickly :)

Great, excellent, brilliant.

Once I sent a PM to laughingbird, the problem has been solved in just a few minutes - disappointed for the technical support, but once I know how to contact it, very very happy.

Two comments:
    - The support must work BETTER. Users who don't have answers to their problems or questions go elsewhere looking for other solutions (although it could be quite difficult to find something with the same quality of the logo creator)
    - DigitalRiver may have a few problems. The refund form doesn't work, and moreover I received a 20% discount on my next purchase with the order confirmation. But the discount is not calculated during checkout (I tried it, just to see if it works, but I didn't finalize the order).

Now I have to spend some time playing with this GREAT application.

:thankyou:

6. KD-did

KD-did

savage, glad you are now happy and ready to play....

Words of wisdom...PM laughingbird

7. Disgruntled

Disgruntled

Hi there,

in response to a previous post about the 30 day money back guarantee, I too have heard nothing back from either laughingbird or digital river. I requested a L.O.D. weeks ago, now am scared my 30 days have elapsed and will have trouble claiming my money back. someone please help.

8. D RAT2

D RAT2

Please try sending a PM (Private Message) to Laughingbird. His e-mail gets backed up.

9. Disgruntled

Disgruntled

Thanks D Rat. Just tried that. Will wait now.

10. KD-did

KD-did

Make sure that you supply Marc with an order number , name and correct email address and don't get impatient as he has to have correct information to be able to give to Digital River so he can do what he needs to do.

11. Disgruntled

Disgruntled

I am generally a patient person, my main concern is the passing of the refund period. Marc has all relevant details.

12. Mr Laughingbird

Hello Disgruntled.

I've put in word to DigitalRiver on your refund.
    Don't worry about the 30 day policy.

They usually handle this type of thing very quickly.

- Marc

13. RealtorBobbi

RealtorBobbi

I had a similar problem - wanted the real estate set, but hit the wrong button and couldn't get it back. Decided to use what I had. Problem is, I saved a logo in "my templates" and I cannot get back into the area - it just comes up a blank screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. And I tried installing it on my laptop, just to know I'd tried everything.

Same situation. So I, too, tried to get money back...and the screen refuses to submit because I didn't check the boxes that cannot be checked.

No answer from Marc on email - and I'm really frustrated, having wasted two hours creating something I cannot use. And owning a $40+ program that does not work. My tech will be livid, he's always telling me not to buy things like this off the web...but I thought since it is sold in major retail outlets, it might be safe.

Will someone help me, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???

14. Mr Laughingbird

RealtorBobbi.
    Please forgive my previous response to you.

I'm still a little unclear on what you're seeing.

I've looked up your account - and plugged in the Order number and the password I saw in your account information.

this is what I see when I request a refund:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/images/Outlook.jpg

Apperantly, this is not what you're seeing?

What browser are you using when you tried this?

Please understand, this is the 3rd letter in this thread from users who 'accidently' downloaded the wrong file, but purchased it anyway. I do in fact have a 30 day money back guarantee! DigitalRiver is awesome at this, I too have no problems issuing refunds. But your problem sounded odd:

"I saved a logo in "my templates" and I cannot get back into the area - it just comes up a blank screen."

If you've saved your logo under 'My templates' - you should be able to pull down the "my Templates" drop down menu... which will show you your saved template. When you click on it - it's blank?

is there anybody else reading this having this experience?

I'd like to help Bobbi, But I don't understand your troubles.

... I've issued the refund myself through DigitalRiver.

- Marc

15. RealtorBobbi

RealtorBobbi

Thanks

Thanks for your kind private response, as well.

The refund screen I got from your link had all the data on it, but the data field boxes next to the two items weren't coded to take marks - so when submitting the form, I errored out, because I hadn't checked at least one box.

I am on IE 6.0 (not by choice.)

As best I can describe my experience, I got into the creator app fine. I had a relatively easy time and made what looked like a really nice banner. I saved it in "save as" and as a template and exported every imaginable extension to my drive. (and I did the file extension assignment, several reboots and fresh downloads...because the following problem persisted...checked background programs, and so on... I followed everything all the others in the forum had suggested.)

When I went back into the creator app, I dropped down to the "my template" area and a box came up with your logo, saying it was building the logo. And it never completed. I left it up a couple of hours on one machine to see if it ever timed out. It didn't - it was just locked up. Next download, it went to a white box with a blue line that showed the dimensions of the banner, but it never filled. So something in the saving and retrieval process is in contention with something in both my desktop and my laptop. I did email a copy of the image to myself, disabled my IE protection to get to the image, and it looked fine. But I can't get to it in your program. And as I mentioned in the private post, my exports look like a kindergartner learning Etch-a-Sketch. Hope this helps someone else.:thankyou:

16. Mr Laughingbird

Thanks for the post.
    This Etch-O-Sketch comment is a little baffling.

What is your screen resolution?
    Hop into your Control panel, choose the display, and let me know what you colors and resolution settings are at.

Sounds like the colors of your monitor are not syncing correctly with TLC?

Hope to hear from you shortly.

- Marc

17. KD-did

KD-did

Occassionally I have had some really strange Tgifs exports where the imported clipart's black outline looked bizarre....only partially there.The solution I have used when this happens is to place a black shadow directly behind the imported graphic and then exported Tgif without a further problem.

I have had emails from members who picked a color that was in their background and in the design which also can make for some bizarre looking exports.