3.5 to 3.6 Unlock Code

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by red54dragon, Sep 17, 2004.

1. red54dragon

red54dragon

Hi,

I just purchased The Logo Creator, version 3.5, from Compusa and was working through learning it. I went to the website and found the 3.6 version. Now when i run the program, I get a window asking me for the Unlock Code. There was no code in the package.

Can anyone assist?

2. KD-did

KD-did

look for Pm from me!

3. red54dragon

red54dragon

WOW. Superior service! Thank you very much for your help!

4. tjredbird

tjredbird

I havethe same problem. Where/how can I get a key for my new purchase. I am registered and I need to be able to export to graphic files. Thanks for the help...

5. KD-did

KD-did

you should be good to go now :)

6. SnJPhoto

SnJPhoto

OK...I did the same. Did I miss something in the box?

Scott

7. KD-did

KD-did

No, you didn't miss anything in the box. It is just a situation where downloads from TLC need an unlock code and box (retail version) do not. Check for PM from me.

8. davealan

davealan

I'm having the exact same problem..I purchased the software Thursday from MicroCenter here in Dallas. I just clicked on the web update menu item and downloaded the upgrade. Now I'm stuck with the "unlocked" version of the software. What do I need to do to fix this?

thanks,
    Dave

9. Tracy

Tracy

I too need an unlock code. I surfed the web to check on upgrades, downloaded the 'free' v3.6 of TLC, and now I can't export anything. I purchased TLC v3.5 in July from CompUSA.

I was in a hurry, so I figured what-the-heck, I'll buy the unlock code and get a credit from y'all. The URL link is broke/missing. Which puts me up a creek without the proverbial paddle.

Help pretty please!!!

10. MHI

MHI

I need help also please. I bought the product a few months back and I too just downloaded the upgrade. Now it's asking for a key? Can someone PM me as well?

Thanks
    MHI

11. jerret

jerret

Ditto Here

Bought the retail version (BestBuy). Tried to upgrade to 3.6...no go. I realize it isn't critical but I would like to upgrade someday. :o

12. Brat

Brat

I am also in the same boat as the others who need an unlock key. Bought my software at the Apple store in Dallas. Really need the key.

Thanks

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi all.
    I'm really sorry about that.
    I'm fixing this crazy installer as quick as I can!

Check a PM from either myself or Katie (DumpCable)

- Marc

Marc Sylvester
    Creator of The Logo Creator software

14. hankd

hankd

Same situation here...

I bought v2.6 about a year ago. I treid to upgrade today but realized I didn't have v3.X so I just bought version 3.5 at Best Buy. Now it's asking for the unlock key??

Also, I can't open my logos created in v2.6 in v3.5??? They're saved as .TXT files...is that correct? They open fine in v2.6...

The whole reason for upgrading is because I never could get the export function to work in 2.6, so my images are fuzzy (used a print screen to save them). I have to print off some nice flyers tomorrow, and what I have is not high enough resolution...

Thanks
    Hank

15. KD-did

KD-did

The bad news is 2.6 files can not be opened with the v3.5 or 3.6 because the engine was changed.

I still have 2.6 and may be able to get you through the export process so that you can then export your old file and then import into you newer version.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

16. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

You might want to grab the DPI Conversion utility. Maybe you'll find some use for it. Maybe not in this particular situation but you never know.

http://www.thelogocreator.com/dpi_changer/DPIconverter.zip

17. Plunge

Plunge

I'm having the same problem. How frustrating. Bought at CompUSA for my Mac, upgraded to 3.6. Any help is appreciated!

18. hankd

hankd

That's not good...

I got the unlock code...thanks. However, I don't see the template that I used for our logo in v2.6 so I can't even re-create.

Our logo has worked fine for business cards, but we're trying to print 8.5" x 11" flyers with the logo at the top and the text is a little blurry. I never could get the 2.6 export function to work (click export and nothing would happen) so the images were from screenshots. I need to figure out a way to get some better resolution. The problem is that this has to be done today.

Is there any way to import my v2.6 Corporate 1 templates into the newer version??

Any help with this would be great...

19. hankd

hankd

Well, we installed 2.6 on another computer and the export function works fine?? I should be able to get the resolution I need now...

20. Plunge

Plunge

Seriously folks in charge, any help would be appreciated. I REALLY need to finish up a logo for our charity, Chief Wiggles Operation Give.