All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

You Go Lance be well!
  3. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

Hi Dave, I have an appointment and have to leave right now. I will get back to you on this later today. Quick answer - Google, Facebook and the rest are always changing the size of the required images. Facebook is the worse. I can help you find the right size, but later today. Back soon.
  4. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Excellent crash course Lance thank you. So for me, I can get rid of all those folders I've spread around the hard drive as all the client folders are not necessary. You and KD-did have been immeasurable I've had the software for over 10 years and I've learned more in these couple days with you folks than I taught myself as a casual user. Now I feel comfortable offering this as a service to the business world. What is the secret, or size, to get the banner to be clear and not fuzzy I feel it they all look a tad out of focus - or worse? Is it not good practice to construct the banner based on the edges of the YouTube Guide? Here is the channel ID UCyRQ7XLPftwRXmbuRJBY2bw for the one of mine in question
  5. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

No! Do not move or delete the templates or elements. The Creator 7 uses very specific directories for the templates and elements. The graphics MUST be in those directories in the /Laughingbird Documents folder or you will not be able to access them. The 'working directory' is /Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/My Templates That is the ONLY directory you can really do anything with, that the program creates. Any template you modify or create is saved to that folder. You should not save ANY other file or files to that directory. If you ever get so many templates saved there that it becomes a problem, you can rename that folder with the program closed. The next time you open the program it will create a new /My Templates folder. That said ... What I do is create 'Client' folders to work with. Simply create your folders in the /Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries folder ie. /Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/Client 1 /Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/Client 2, and so forth ... You can name these Client folders with whatever names you choose. They will not show up in the menu while they are empty. Once you have at least 1 template saved in them, then they will show up. Now, the way the program works.. . Once you select to open a template, it will be automatically SAVED in the /My Templates folder You must select 'Save As' to save the template to your Client folder Every time you open that Client template it will want to save into the /My Templates folder automatically. After any modification that you wish to keep, you should select 'Save As' and save the template to your Client folder. If you want to keep variations, then simply use an incremental name. ie. Select Save As and save the template as Version 1 in the folder Client 1 While working on Version 1, if you want to save a particular look, select Save As and save Version 2 to Client 1, and so forth. When you finish and try to exit the program or start another template, the program will ask if you want to save the template you are working on. You don't have to. You have already saved it to your Client folder. If you save it here, then it will save to the /My Templates folder. Doing this lets you keep your work organised by Clients or Projects, or however you choose. Just remember, the folder will not show in that side menu until at least 1 template is saved to it. To DELETE versions you no longer want to keep, simply delete the folders from those Client or Project folders. You can use ALT+ select to delete from the /My Templates folder, but not from any other template folder. You have to delete them manually. Let me know if you need more information.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

One more thought here if I may, should I put all those folders into a Laughing Bird system file or library? I think I could also delete them all as the images are called up inside the software too! As it was today thanks much for the great insights and taking ownership of seeing this through with me.
  8. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Thanks for your insights this was a watershed moment of clarity. lol
  9. Lance Tindall

Sad Duck is moving!

Just want everyone to know that I am in the process of selling my ranch in Missouri and moving down to Mississippi. This is a result of losing the sight in my right eye. Lifestyle changes and all that. I haven't posted any updates here for a while, and it may still be a couple of months, but I do not plan on abandoning this club. There will be new graphics coming so hang in there. Actually, losing my job and all should give me a lot more time to do graphics work! Trying to stay positive. Just have to get moved. House is selling now. Hope to buy or build the new one before the end of the year. More later ...
  10. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

Cool. Probably an old file that was showing. Glad it's all working for you. Enjoy.
  11. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

I sure will you take care! Thanks for your help on this! Off I go! Have a great rest of the week!
  12. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Yep current version whew!
  13. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Funny I have always exported folders like that. What a relief that all I need is to export and done. That will save me years of time going forward. Also I sure thought I was on the latest version of 7 let me look
  14. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

Glad that worked! You should be able to create work folders to export your images to. Just stay out of the template folders! Have fun!
  15. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

Hi Dave, okay, looking at those attached images one thing jumps right out. 2nd image down. See that file that ends with .tlc ? You should NEVER be looking in a directory with that file! Do not save to it, export to it, or even look at it. That is a folder used by the software. Messing with it, messes with the program. Get out! Sorry for getting excited. That will cure your issue though. Now, something else. The name of one of those PNG images starts with TLC6. Are you using version 6? Have you not upgraded to v7.2.9? It's free. Just wondering. Waiting to hear how your export to the desktop goes...
  16. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Stunned is the word that comes to mind. It worked sending to the desktop! Thank you to each of you for your help on this.
  17. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Excellent Lance while I try that I'll share these insights with you folks.
  18. Lance Tindall

YouTube Banner Graphics

Hi Dave, Just want to check on this. I tend to agree with KD-did on your image that you are looking at being a 'thumb'. If you look in any of the Laughingbird template sets, there is a thumb of the template. They are all 300 by something. Make sure you are EXPORTING your image using one of the options circled in my attached image. As KD-did suggested, try exporting it to your desktop. Just as a test. You can change that location if it works. I'm thinking 1 of 2 things here. Either you are SAVING and not EXPORTING, or you are trying to EXPORT to a template folder ( or a folder that has a template in it ) and your file is either not overwriting one already there, or is being resized somehow. I'm really interested in seeing what happens when you try to EXPORT to your desktop. Should tell us a lot.
  19. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Hello again, I tend to save the work to the related folder for that project not the desktop. I'm on Win 10. Thank you for staying on this KD-did
  20. KD-did

YouTube Banner Graphics

My first thought before seeing your screen shot was that you were looking at the thumbnail. Have you exported your work to your desktop? What is your OS?
  21. Dave Castle

YouTube Banner Graphics

Hello KD-did, thank you for your reply, I tried it as well with the same results. the output is only a thumbnail-sized image. I am open to more ideas! Thanks again for your help Dave
  22. Last week
  23. KD-did

YouTube Banner Graphics

Check the formatting of the canvas.Top box should be checked .
  24. Hello Everyone, I've been a customer as long as I can remember and for some reason, I am having a challenge outputting a YT Banner. the file I get is only 315 px. The image is amazing but I'm close to 3 hours into what should be an easy fix and I am finding no solution. Even with the image format at the required size no luck, darn it :-) I have a lot more to do today than wrestle a banner LOL. So any insights would be helpful as I have a number of them to do in Creator 7 Love the products and Marc and team are wonderful to work with for over a decade, this has me stumped. PS made a mess of the image, as did every other image software in my toolbox. Thanks All, Dave Castle
  25. KD-did

not receiving my purchase

Usually all you do is click on each item's and the download starts after purchase. Look in your elements file as the Halloween has no templates but the holiday set does. I have had the purchase email go to my email address but another removed to the spam folder.
  26. I purchased the Halloween Pack with the Holiday pack at 20 dollars because I got them both at the same time But I still have not received the Holiday pack.. I've wrote to support but no answer .. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  27. Earlier
  28. KD-did

System Fonts Not Showing Up

Welcome Grace, I have had that happen also. Often it is just a name thing.When they are out of the normal ttf mode like otf, TTF oe even OTF the font show in the menu. What I usually do is use an online font name converter.Usually it is an OS issue OR are program/application specific font. Make sure the font was installed into ONLY in the MAIN font folder. Looks weird here but it does work.just click .ttf mode then click bottom SELECT to re-name it. What is the font? https://onlinefontconverter.com/
  29. I installed a new font on my computer. The program doesn't show it in the system fonts. Closing the program and restarting doesn't help. Any suggestions? I need to be able to use my own special fonts. Thanks in advance.
  1. Load more activity

Announcements