Wrapping text

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by tdvido, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tdvido

Message Count:
    Is there a way to wrap text where the text dips down opposed to arching up. For example, when you put text around a round object the top texts wraps in a rainbow like arch around it...but what if you wanted the text to wrap around the bottom of the circle object so that the text is not upside down?
  2. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Like this example?

Attached Files:

3. tdvido

Message Count:
    that is exactly what i am talking about!!:image28:
  4. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Ok...well this is real simple...In the box where you type your text, Hit "Enter" on your keyboard before you type anything...you will see the cursor move down. Now type your words that you want it to say, Select under "Format"
    and choose "Circle"...now you may have to tweak your words a little bit such as spacing and rotation, positioning and such but you can do all that from right where you are...Have fun, glad I could help and if you have any problems, just post your questions or concerns and we will try to get you an answer..Ba-Bye! :D
  5. tdvido

Message Count:
    Appreciate it. I really didn't have much luck but ended coming up with something different i liked alot better along the way. Do worry about resizing concerns i may have though..its looking pretty square right now and when i go to make it more of a banner style on the header area of the website i worry its gonna not look right making it wider and not as tall for that particular purpose. When i go to import an image should i have it resized in my photo editing program first to keep the imported image from blurring? I worry about all the different sizes..merchandise...santionary..cards and website i am gonna have to come up with to use these for and keeping the picture quality.
    I would like to post some of these when i get to point but never have posted pictures on a forum before...is there a norm for size in picture posting here.
  6. tdvido

Message Count:
    Went ahead and posting three versions i have right now in the gallery section...let me know what you think!

Much thanks
  7. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    1 tip to remember is the size of the image as well as the file type. if the image is a small image and its a jpg or gif with a white background, when you resize it, You are actually stretching the pixels, thus making it blurry..Theres been a lot of questions about image sizing on here Raster vs. Vectoring.
    and theres some posts refering to programs that help with that issue. KD-did is an authority on those subjects :)

what photo editng program do you have that you refered to in your last post?
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Resizing software is NOT created equally either...some will add distortion and artifacts. There is a great FREE resizer made for PC users called "Pixresizer" . In all the years I have used it I have never been disappointed.
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

9. tdvido

Message Count:
    I use photo impact. I am thinking i need to scale the imported images to scale for the largest logo i will need which will be about 10in x 10in or around 960 x 960 in pixels in the thought of things like tshirts ect.
    If i am understanding the logo creator correct from my drafts..once you export you can't really pull it back up in the program and make changes correct?
    I did figure out how to wrap the text so the bottom letters are upright! thanks for the help on that one!
  10. tdvido

Message Count:
    just missed your post there...that program sounds pretty cool and will have to go check it out!
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    tdvido, you may want to consider a low tech way of putting your images on shirts. Your local lazer copier shop can usually snag just the design, enlarge large to the perfect size plus flip it so the text isn't backwards plus make an iron transfer instantly or in preparation for silk screening.
  12. tdvido

Message Count:
    I was thinking on using cafepress. I have never used them personally but i have seen them online over the years.
  13. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    I used them, But if you really want to make a profit dont go with the free service they give you, I wasnt impressed with them at all. and they only support their paid customers...So good luck :)
  14. tdvido

Message Count:
    well with this situation at this point its more of advertisement no soo much on making money. Did the picture quality stink....seems like years ago i tried to put some of my artwork on something and i couldn't get past getting my image setup but that was almost 10 yrs ago....was kinda hoping things had improved over the years.