Wish List for The Flash Ad Creator

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by laughingbird, Mar 27, 2006.

1. rsorber

Message Count:
    Wish List

Would love to see a way to edit existing exported files. Would love to see a more detailed approach to adjusting the timing.

thx :)

Other than that... this is a great tool.
  2. Balti

Message Count:
    Suggestion for FAC

Recognition Of Foreign Characters Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. gmtech

Message Count:
    is there any way to post the ads without uploading the assets? if not, will it ever be possible?
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi GMtech.
    Yes, in version 2.0, there is now a way to upload your Ad without the assets folder. When you choose 'Export', you're now presented with 3 options.

All three methods will export just the .swf file to your computer. The first method will export the 'old' way with the Assets folder.

Marc
  5. webby

Message Count:
    I would like to see the ability to change the colors of the templates so you can use any template for any site rather than having to choose one that would fit the color best. If this ability is there maybe I missed it. I just bought the product today. Please give me direction if that ability is available.

Thanks

Joe
  6. slinade

Message Count:
    Flash must support clickTAG

Unfortunately the ads I created are not being accepted on the worlds largest advertising site!

For Google Adwords I get the error message "Flash must support clickTAG"

Also only a few of your templates are the right size for Google Adwords. It would be nice to get templates that work for this search engine.

Could you post a fix for the clickTAG requirement?

Thanks

Alex De Castro
    :image09:
  7. JayB

Message Count:
    Very happy with FAC2 the only thing I would like to see changed is a control to alter the speed. Many of them run far too fast. A couple are bordering on the trigger speed for epileptics. I know I can pull them into Flash and do it but it's hassle and FAC2 makes everything else so easy.:thankyou:
  8. WendSong

Message Count:
    I don't have this yet, but plan to get the new version. I agree with all of the above, especially the resizing and timing.

Are right mouse click options available or is it all menu driven? Right click is nice (actually it's an incredible time saver).

Wendsong
  9. scottatmack

Message Count:
    Please add an option to disable the loop. We want to use the ads to display on TV in our retail store, but so far the ads can not be used as they loop. If you give an option to disable the loop, we can make a lot of use of the ads in our store.

:image28:
  10. Doc

Message Count:
    try the html below with your ads note the bit in red

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=Untitled WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="My_Ad.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=False>
    <EMBED src="My_Ad.swf" loop=false quality=high
    WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=400 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

this may help achieve what you need.
  11. scottatmack

Message Count:
    it is not being used on a website, and even if you turn the loop off in the html, the flash file itself has loop built into the coding
  12. scottatmack

Message Count:
    My flash ads would actually be used in the GPhotoShow Pro Screen Saver
  13. YAG

Message Count:
    Change Mascot

Hi Mark:

I really like the last banners (mascot) if you can include the option to replace them will be great. I'll put an example of what I have in mind:

Flash Example:
    http://www.yagane.com/pybext/160x600.swf

Thanks 4 all!!
  14. mel2000

Message Count:
    That is not true for FAC2. Each available export option creates an assets folder either on your computer's hard drive or on your website's hard drive.
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yag!
    Great looking banner you've created.

How did you get your new mascot in there? He looks terrific.

- Marc

16. YAG

Message Count:
    Thanks

Hi Mark:

Thanks, glad you like it. :image23:

I use the "Native FLA Files" folder and edit it to check how the banner should looks if I change the mascot.

Hope you can put the mascot change option on the application, in future versions. :image28:

I don't know how to use Flash very well, he, he so I just made the easy changes. :image07-1:

17. CastMP3

Message Count:
    Hello,

I'm supporting 100 % this request using OpenAds. Calling the flash banner works fine, clicking the flash banner works fine, BUT the clicks are not counted by OpenAds.

OpenAds respect MacroFlash standard about URL encoding and it seems that your product not.
    My question: do you expect to release a patch/update in order to support this ?

1000 people have the same issue using Flash Banner editors and I think that this is a very important differenciator.

getURL actions
    Macromedia currently recommends a "clickTag" method to track clicks for flash ads. This method uses variables to pass the click tracking string and URL into the Flash creative movies. As a result, the only text in the URL box is _level0.clickTag. Be careful of the capitalization on clickTag. The _level0. (underscore level zero period) part is included for 'pathing' purposes- to ensure that Flash can properly locate the variable. Here is what the coding will look like when you are done:

on (release)
    {
    getURL(_level0.clickTag, "_blank");
    }

Thank you for your help and support
    Eric -
  18. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the post Eric.
  19. Brad Near

Message Count:
  20. joezeppy

Message Count:
    More Ad Sizes

Hi Marc,

Just got the software and it looks great. My only request so far would be to add more sizes to the templates...

http://www.iab.net/standards/adunits.asp

I would like some 125 x 125 and 120 wide (with various heights too).

How about a new ad pack???

Thanks,

Joe:image28: